Garver is accepting applications for a Process Group Leader - Water (College Station, TX)
As part of the Texas Water Design Center for Garver, this Process Group Leader will be responsible for building, leading and managing an integral group of engineering professionals in support of various projects for Garver’s Texas Water Design Center. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this engineer the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
What you’ll do:
Generally, the responsibilities of this role will entail taking projects from conceptual planning to bid ready documents, including facility and equipment layouts, design calculations, equipment vendor coordination, management and coordination of support discipline activities, coordination with regional offices and regulatory agencies, as well as quality assurance and control. Ideal candidates shall be capable of designing major process equipment for a wide variety of water related infrastructure projects, including water and wastewater treatment facilities with a working knowledge of associated systems including pumping, piping, control system strategies, PIDs, HVAC requirements, plumbing, and yard piping systems.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting regional teams with treatment related business development activities
- Developing conceptual level designs for water and wastewater treatment systems
- Developing detailed designs, including contract documents (plans and specifications)
- Coordinating with process mechanical team for detailed design services for treatment facilities
- Preparing design calculations, coordinating with other support discipline activities on projects, coordinating with regional Garver offices and regulating agencies, construction cost estimating, and quality assurance and control
- Managing and mentoring teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring project budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products which adhere to Garver standardization
- Be included in client meetings, industry conferences, and serve as a subject matter expert on behalf of Garver and the Water Business Line
In addition, the Process Group Leader will be responsible for:
- Recruiting top talent for the process team
- Developing scope, level of effort, and fees for the team
- Managing, mentoring and professional development for process team members
- Drive the detailed design through coordination with other support disciplines
- Planning, managing and executing process workload
- Developing detailed plans and specifications
- Coordinating schedules
- Monitoring budgets
- Quality program compliance, including ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to Garver standardization.
- Process standards and tools development, procurement, and training
Some travel may be required for business development purposes, including proposal development, interviews, knowledge transfer sessions, and industry related conference attendance. Project specific travel may also be required for site assessments, project workshops, design review meetings, and support during construction. Due to the collaborative nature of coordination for large infrastructure projects, candidates must have the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other project team members. In addition, the candidate shall be able to maintain a positive team attitude and interpersonal effectiveness to recruit, develop and maintain an efficient and productive process team. The process group leader will also be responsible for coordinating process workload with Garver’s Central Water Design Center.
About Garver’s Texas Water Design Center:
The Texas Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs for locations all across the state of Texas. The Texas WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with advanced technologies. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in process engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in Texas or have the ability to be licensed in Texas
- 15 or more years of technical experience with no less than 2 year experience in project/team leadership
- Technically competent in process engineering design
- Proven experience overseeing process designs, including detailed plans and specifications for major projects
- Overall understanding of water and wastewater treatment plant systems in a campus-wide environment
- Experience using Bluebeam and MSOffice products, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Demonstrated experience performing process equipment evaluation, sizing and cost estimating
- Experience using wastewater process modeling software such as Hydromatis GPS-X, Dynamita Sumo, and/orEnviroSim BioWin
- Experience using hydraulic modeling software
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in giving presentations for clients and professional organizations
- Strong teaching and coaching skills to bring new members up to speed
- Cost estimation experience
- Affiliation and active participation with water/wastewater based organizations such as AWWA, WEF, WRF
- Use of AutoCad and/or Revit CAD programs
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.