Kiewit is accepting applications for a Procurement Specialist II in Englewood, CO.
Would you like to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost for Kiewit Supply Network? What about Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives? Individuals with experience in an engineering and/or construction related role as well as basic procurement experience is desired, but not required. We’re looking for a team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives. Someone that is detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time.
Kiewit Supply Network group specializes in providing comprehensive procurement services to clients across the construction and engineering industries in multiple markets, including transportation; water/wastewater; power; oil, gas and chemical; building; and mining. Our key objectives are to offer clients a world-class service focused on ensuring equipment, materials and services are consistently estimated and procured at the right price. We strive to offer an appropriate level of quality and ensure materials and services are delivered on schedule and in compliance with the client’s specifications and expectations.
This position is based out of our Englewood, CO office, but may require short and long-term relocation.
- Complete project planning for estimating and procurement execution
• Lead the evaluation and monitoring of vendor performance to ensure compliance with obligations and determine needs for changes
• Leverage vendors and subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to projects
• Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts
• Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procedures are followed
• Actively develop budgets, schedules and performance plans to meet customer and company goals and objectives
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history
• Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
• Prepare and issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate vendor and subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the estimating, execution and site purchasing levels
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction management or related
• 5+ years’ experience in an engineering and/or construction related role
• Advanced knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality and site purchasing
• Ability to lead teams of two to three purchasing agents, provide feedback and assist in employee development objectives.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel)
• General knowledge of database utilization
• SAP Experience a plus
• Thorough understanding of all areas of procurement is desirable, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality and site purchasing
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
Base Compensation: $57,397 - $86,096
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Kiewit here.