Liebherr is accepting applications for Product Manager (Newport News, VA). The Product Manager serves as the product champion and liaison between the Liebherr Dealer organization and the company. The Product Manager will be knowledgeable of Liebherr product advantages and benefits compared to major competitors and will assist in the training of dealer salespeople on how to sell Liebherr products or equipment utilizing these advantages. The Product Manager will also assist other product team members in the preparation and processing of machine builds internal quoting system, and will interface with the Central Administration Department in the coordination of buying of inventory from affiliates and the sale of inventory to Dealers. Also assists in tracking and reporting on inventory both whole goods and attachments. The Product Manager will work closely with Liebherr Affiliates to coordinate promotion of these machines, including materials, presentations, quotes and configurations, increasing Liebherr market share in the product segment with direct sales to customers.
- Collects and maintains competitive pricing data and product information on all major competitors.
- Coordinates the development of training programs to maximize product knowledge of dealer and company sales staff to achieve increased market share across the product range.
- Seeks sales opportunities with end-customers and coordinates sales efforts with Dealers.
- Assists in the development of product literature, marketing materials and all relevant sales material
- Assists with conducting and participating in competitive comparison testing. Applies knowledge gained from testing to assist in the creation of features and benefits presentations.
- Identifies product improvements and configurations for equipment in varying applications in the US market.
- Uses market intelligence to assist in the creation and implementation of a growth plan to increase market share. Enters all customer contact visits into the customer retention management database - LIVIS
- Assists in providing ongoing communication to the respective department regarding product support problems and recommended solutions.
- Attends, supports and participates in trade shows and industry relevant organizations pertinent to product specialty
- Creates specifications for Purchase Orders.
- Prepares quotes for specialized machines and standard machines and attachments in LIAS.
- Assists with the communication with dealers on the status of orders.
- Assists with the creation of the dealer price book.
- Assists with checking and approving Dealer orders for accuracy.
- Answers Dealer and Factory inquiries.
- A combination of related education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree and 2 - 4 years of experience in similar or related job function.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff internal and external in verbal or written format.
- Possess sound judgment and high integrity with ability to perform duties in field assignments ranging from dealer locations to customer job sites.
- Proficient in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Should have poise and confidence when speaking and presenting to groups
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail, including accuracy with numbers.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- German or Spanish language skills desirable but not required.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- This position is remote work eligible on a limited basis
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: email@example.com.
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.
To learn more and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Liebherr here.