Liebherr is accepting applications for a Product Manager (Newport News, VA)
The Product Manager - Mining Trucks is responsible for the research, definition and administration of market and internal stakeholder demands to ensure strategic evolution of existing products, throughout the product life cycle. Reporting to the Head of Product Management - Mining Trucks, the role shall also support the research and definition of international market desires in the pursuit of innovative product solutions for future markets.
- Gain a deep understanding of the mining industry and our competitive landscape with regular customers’ visits in cooperation with the local sales and/or after sales organization.
- Understand and identify customers’ dynamics, drivers (mine organization, business model, fleet management, maintenance, and service strategies), current and future needs/desires concerning OHT evolution and evolution of Assistance Systems, Digital Services and Technical Services.
- Continuously monitor requirements for future OHT and Services from all relevant Liebherr-internal stakeholders in the factories and affiliates and define and ensure together with them the necessary interfaces to do so.
- Research, identify and document required changes in technology and processes as observed in tenders, regional legislation / regulations, standards & norms, guidelines, competitor offerings, new technologies and general market trends.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of regional competitor cost per metric ton modelling through consultation with affiliates (Inc. customers / consultants) to ensure indicative models are agreed / accepted for the purpose of benchmarking estimations.
- Assist SEU in the establishment of competitive OHT major component repair pricing levels / programs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of regional Liebherr OHT cost per metric ton modelling through consultation with affiliates to ensure regional acceptance of commercial positioning.
- Assist in development of competitor benchmark comparisons for the purpose of communicating the Liebherr OHT value proposition.
- Assist Customer Support in the development and maintenance of regional life cycle cost modelling and MARC rate structures.
- Assist in the development and refinement of business case(s) to support all Phases of Product Development Process (PDP) for New Product Development Projects.
- Assist in the development of business case(s) to support Product Evolution Requests, where required.
- Develop and maintain a MIN Product Management SharePoint repository of research information in cooperation with the MIN Product Management Group.
- Administer the MIN OHT SharePoint Product Evolution Request (PER) process and facilitate PER review meetings, including intercompany review meetings for alignment and harmonization of technologies, where required.
- Review PER’s and research the motives and technical requirements to support request submissions.
- Assist in the review and prioritization of PER tasks and maintain schedules for periodic communication of PER status to all stakeholders.
- Identify and explain customer needs concerning new machine types, not yet existing in Liebherr MIN Portfolio.
- Assist in the development of marketing specifications, product evolution requests and innovation proposals.
- Contribute to the definition of the factory & MIN product development strategy machines and services.
- Organize and conduct product vision workshops with customers and/or local dealers/affiliates.
- Participate in the MIN OHT innovation meetings.
- Participate in design review meetings, prototype product audits and facilitate market input during development and evolution of new and existing products.
- Participate in the development of ISO12100 risk assessments, the definition of Safety Requirement Specifications and PL assessment of Safety Functions.
- Build up and facilitate together with the MIN Product Management Group the working network within the Liebherr organization.
- Explain customer needs through product requirements and provide guidance for new product developments through the creation of market specifications.
- Work closely with the MIN Product Management Group to ensure coherent product packages/product portfolio for our customers.
- Represent OHT in shows where MIN products are highlighted.
- Ensure exchange of best practice and the harmonization of the MIN Marketing Specifications, including Dozer Specifications for mining applications.
- Maintain and develop professional and technical knowledge by attending training, attending educational workshops, attending mining fairs/conferences, reviewing professional publications.
- Conduct yourself in a manner, which is courteous, respectful and co-operative towards customers and Liebherr personnel and deal ethically and honestly with all people and situations
- Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University in an Engineering or Business related discipline with ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound commercial acumen with proven Sales and / or Project Management experience.
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of Haul Truck Technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of Liebherr Mining Truck products will be highly regarded.
- Courteous and professional demeanor to internal and external stakeholders/customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to maintain an international, intercompany Liebherr internal and external network with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Self-organized, structured and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Additional Requirements:
- Ability to travel 25% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Sandra Draeger at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Liebherr here.