Alta Equipment Co. is accepting applications for a Product Support Sales Representative in Orland Park, IL. Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- 10 paid holidays
Our Construction Equipment Group is seeking a full-time product support sales representative reporting to our Orland Park, IL location. The primary role of this position is to provide OEM and aftermarket parts and service sales throughout the assigned territory. The responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Sales of OEM parts and sales
- Sales of aftermarket parts and sales
- Make cold calls to equipment owners in assigned territory
- Work in territory and provide growth in sales in those areas
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
- Associates degree and 4-6 years of experience
- Strong negotiation, selling and customer service skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and automobile insurance.
- Computer programs: Word processing, spreadsheet, accounting and equipment manufacturing technical software
- Language skills: Intermediate - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical skills: Intermediate - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning ability: High - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will sit; Frequently will stand, walk, climb or balance; Occasionally will use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, taste/smell.
- Vision: No special vision requirements.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 25 pounds; Frequently will lift 26 to 50 pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work in high precarious places ; Occasionally will work in outdoor weather conditions, around toxic or caustic chemicals
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our 2100+ employees in the Midwest (MI, IN, IL), East Coast (NY, VT, CT, ME, MA, NH, VA) and the South (FL) are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one’s profession through additional training and learning
Other Opportunities at Alta
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Alta Equipment Co. here.