Tangent Technologies is accepting applications for a Production Scheduling Manager (Aurora, IL)
Manages production scheduling activities in an organization. Designs and implements the production schedule plan considering all aspects of production include low cost, timeliness, and effectiveness. Monitors the materials inventories, tracking of progress of production, and reviewing of factors which affect production schedules. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Requires a bachelor's degree. Typically reports to a Director or VP.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the planning, preparing, issuing, and controlling production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements
- Forecasting production and customer demands
- Establish weekly and monthly production priorities based on scheduling requirements, constraints, run rules and customer needs.
- Work with local site management to determine, within single or multi-plant production facilities, the most cost-efficient utilization of production resources for on time delivery and minimization of overall cost.
- Minimize the unexpected by optimizing systems and procedures to delivery expected results.
- Communicate daily with Sales and Operations to ensure the company is aligning production needs and performance with customer requirements and all supply concerns are addressed.
- Utilize talent development and performance management process to build a strong, diverse team with forethought around succession planning.
- Supervise, hire and train staff.
- Define, measure and communicate key performance indicators and supportive metrics that track the effectiveness of production planning, scheduling and manufacturing execution. Coordinate corrective actions, when needed, to drive metrics to target.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in production or inventory control is preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in people management
- Prior manufacturing industry experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Operations preferred
- 4+ years experience
For more information and to apply for these positions click here.
Learn more about Tangent Technologies here.