Production Supervisor – Concrete Pumps (Newport News, VA)
The Production Supervisor directs and coordinates activities for Assembly department in processing materials or concrete pumping equipment components by performing the following duties personally or through hourly employees.
Essential Job Duties
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create assemly schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Develops and implements changes in processes and use of equipment to improve and increase department efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records to measure efficiency and effectiveness; prepares and presents relevant management reports
- Monitors and controls materials and inventory in support of production.
- Oversees proper handling and disposal of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Directly supervises employees in the pump assembly department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of assembly team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Experience with 5S and/or Lean Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated team building and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to include organization of controls, items, ideas, etc.
- Demonstrates creativity and problem solving, initiative and innovation.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Internet software; ERP software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Computer Aided Design (CAD) software; Spreadsheet software, Presentation software and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of welding, fitting and pumping equipment mounting processes.
The Liebherr Group has a decentralized organizational structure and comprises eleven product divisions. The highest level of management within the Group is a shareholders’ committee made up exclusively of members of the Liebherr family. Liebherr shapes technological advances in many areas. The eleven divisions of the Liebherr Group and the wide product range are the result of decades of experience and in-depth expert knowledge. The exchange of know-how and information between the product divisions promotes innovative ideas and cross-industry developments.
For more information and to apply for this position: