Tangent Technologies is accepting applications for Production Supervisor (Worthington, MN). Tangent Technologies, LLC offers the most innovative recycled plastic lumber-wood alternative solutions for a multitude of outdoor markets and high value applications. We have more than a decade invested in being "first to market" by developing technological advancements to offer innovative products and features for our customers to support their respective industries.
Production Supervisor Shift Hours
12:00 am - 8:00 am
Production Supervisor - Job Summary
This Production Supervisor directs the day-to-day production activities of their assigned area and shift, to achieve financial and operating objectives as determined by Tangent. The production supervisor is a key leadership role with overall responsibility for safety, production, continuous improvement, and talent development. This position is responsible for creating a positive work environment that supports Tangent’s core values and engages team members leading to effective teamwork. Ensures compliance with Tangent policies and procedures.
Production Supervisor - Role and Responsibilities
- Cultivates an environment of safety, high performance, and team-oriented culture.
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management.
- Holds employees accountable to performance expectations and follow the progressive discipline policy when necessary.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Oversees production quotas and schedules, ensuring standards are met or limitations are being addressed.
- Coordinates with sales and production planning teams to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Participates in the resolution and prevention of customer complaints and promotes positive customer relationships in partnership with the quality, purchasing and supply chain organization.
- Resolves operational, manufacturing and quality issues in partnership with Maintenance and Engineering teams.
- Responsible for driving root cause analysis, implementing corrective actions, and coordinating additional training to operators for any quality issues and customer returns and/or complaints.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Production Supervisor - Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable learning about processing equipment to facilitate both efficient operation, trouble shooting and repairs.
- Ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner, with the best interest of employees and customer in mind.
- Comfortable having difficult conversations and holding employees accountable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. ERP experience preferred.
Production Supervisor - Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2-year or 4-year technical degree preferred
- 5+ years manufacturing experience required, 2+ years in plastics and fast paced environments preferred.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement experience preferred
Production Supervisor - Physical Requirements
- Standing, stooping, and bending required
- Long periods of walking or standing
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Tangent Technologies here.