Krech Ojard is accepting applications for a Professional Marine and Structural Engineer (Eau Claire, WI)
Professional Marine/Structural Engineer
Under general direction of the Marine Director, supervise and perform responsible professional office and field engineering work, including marine or structural design projects.
This position is available in our Duluth & Minneapolis, MN, Eau Claire, WI offices and working remotely from the West Coast.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Prepares and/or supervises technicians in preparing detailed plans and specifications related to marine/structural engineering projects, such as bulkhead walls, cells, bollards, piers, bridges and other structures.
- Prepares proposals, specifications, cost estimates, and contract documents for engineering projects.
- Performs or supervises engineering inspection of construction of marine/structural engineering projects.
- Prepares engineering reports on the progress and completion of engineering projects.
- May supervise or direct the conduct of field surveys preliminary to project design.
- Secures data, prepares reports, and makes presentations for internal staff or external client/customer meetings on proposed projects.
- Performs other related functions as assigned or apparent.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of marine/structural engineering principles and practices applied to project design and construction.
- Extensive knowledge of the basic principles and practices of engineering field and office work, including drafting and surveying.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, methods, equipment and materials used in construction of marine/structural engineering projects.
- Ability to plan and direct the work of engineering technicians and other staff.
- Ability to make engineering computations, estimates and designs.
- Ability to prepare and interpret plans and specifications and to perform or supervise the engineering inspection of project construction.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate and interact with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and clients/customers.
- Education: BS in Civil Engineering
- Experience: Five years of experience in marine/structural engineering design and construction, inspection, or other related engineering work. Must be a registered Professional Engineer or become licensed within six months of employment.
- Job Requirements: Must have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record. To ensure a safe, healthy and productive work environment for our employees, we enforce a drug and alcohol policy that adheres to DOT regulations.
Krech Ojard & Associates, Inc.,
Human Resources Manager
227 W First Street, Suite 500
Duluth, MN 55802.
To ensure a safe, healthy and productive work environment for our employees, we enforce a drug and alcohol policy that adheres to DOT regulations.
Krech Ojard & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more about Krech Ojard here.