Garver is accepting applications for a Project Engineer - Aviation (Fayetteville, AR; Gulfport, Olive Branch, and Ridgeland, MS; Memphis, TN)
This Project Engineer will be largely responsible for performing design for airport projects, including improvements to runways, taxiways, aprons, airfield grading and drainage, hangars, fuel farms, parking decks, terminal buildings, and other airport construction related projects.
This project engineer must have the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplined team, work with diverse clients, and must be capable of producing full design phase deliverables including drawings, specifications, cost estimates, exhibits, technical reports, and narratives for airports in the region. Design development software packages including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Storm and Sanitary, and other civil design packages will be used.
As responsibilities grow, this engineer will have the opportunity to work on airports throughout Garver’s service area. The engineer may also perform onsite construction observation duties, construction administration, and submittal reviews for projects under construction.
Grow With Us
Garver's offers the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by experienced civil design engineers. Engineering News-Record lists Garver on its prestigious Top 500 Design Firms and has named our Aviation team to the Top 25 in the Nation. Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 0-4 years of experience in civil engineering or aviation related field
- Licensed as an Engineer in Training or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire
- Detail-oriented with the ability to schedule tasks and meet deadlines
- Team player with strong self-initiative and accountable for actions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work overtime, as necessary, to completion tasks (estimated at 2 - 5 hours per week, average).
- Some travel may be required (approximately 5% with occasional overnight)
- Previous civil internship experience
- Previous experience working with design software packages such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Passion for Aviation
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.