The Port of Corpus Christi is accepting applications for a Project Engineer (Corpus Christi, TX)
Hiring Range: $80,602.00 - $106,231.00/Year D.O.Q.
Port Corpus Christi Authority (PCCA) is currently seeking a dynamic engineering professional to join their team. Working within the Engineering Services Department, the Project Engineer will be a talented, growth orientated teammate seeking the opportunity to work on multidisciplinary engineering projects.
PCCA’s Engineering team is responsible for the successful delivery and completion of projects, including design of PCCA facilities and infrastructure, construction program management, and development of the PCCA’s capital improvement program at one of the nation’s largest ports.
- Serves as a project engineer/manager and prepares designs, plans, estimates, specifications and bid documents for assigned projects
- Coordinates with consultants in the preparation of plans and specifications for simple to complex construction projects
- Leads pre-bid and pre-construction meetings
- Coordinates with design consultants and contractors in negotiation of design contract fees and construction change orders
- Provides excellent customer service and establishes effective partnerships, with a problem-solving and consensus building attitude
- Collects technical data, analyzes findings and makes recommendations
- Performs annual facility inspections as required & assists in formulating, compiling projects for inclusion into the Annual Budget
- Assists with initiating, monitoring or performing tasks associated with the goals and objectives of the PCCA's Strategic Plan
- Coordinates with other PCCA staff and departments, as required
- Prepares presentations, correspondence and exhibits for Commission, staff, working groups and committee meetings as needed
- Enters and works in secure areas requiring Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) credentials
- Follows PCCA security, environmental and safety requirements and procedures, and sees they are properly implemented and maintained on assigned projects
- Adheres to PCCA policy and maintains good employee relations; works with other PCCA staff to achieve work goals and initiatives
- Drives PCCA vehicles to complete assigned tasks courteously and safely and follows applicable procedures for vehicle use
- Works required hours to fulfill position objectives
- CPR certified or ability to become CPR certified within the first year of employment
- Tier 2 status designation
The preferred candidate for this position should be a detail-oriented professional with a demonstrated track record in planning, design and construction administration. The successful candidate should be a creative problem-solver with a collaborative style of effective project management who has the ability to fit well within an energetic and dedicated team. They must possess the following:
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, ocean, or structural preferred, mechanical and electrical considered) from an accredited college or university
- Registered professional engineer in Texas (preferred) or Engineer-in-Training registration in the state of Texas (preferred) with ability and desire to pursue Professional Engineering registration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) during course of employment
- Valid driver's license
EXPERIENCE & JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum five years of experience in engineering design, construction administration and project management preferred
- Port civil, rail, waterfront and design experience preferred
- Practicing multi-disciplined knowledge of engineering techniques and theories
- Knowledge of local, state and federal codes and requirements
- Effective business communication utilizing correct English (spelling and grammar).
- Knowledge of budgets and cost containment controls preferred
- AutoCAD and design application experience preferred
- Skills in the application of engineering concepts
- Ability to write and create reports/presentations and give formal presentations
- Strong analytical and detail orientation skills, with a focus on customer service
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and other related applications.
- Familiarity with PowerBI, ArcGIS, and TEAMS preferred
- Has a growth mindset
- High critical thinking skills
- Willingly accepts feedback; is coachable
- Fosters team collaboration
- Ability to define issues, perform research, evaluate alternatives and develop sound, independent conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, and a multitude of projects and changing priorities
- Proven organizational and planning skills; ability to set priorities, take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply PCCA policies and state and federal laws related to all aspects of operations
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to perform essential job functions, including but not limited to frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking or hearing, typing and occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in a general office environment, and on a work site with exposure to adverse weather conditions, fumes and /or air particulates, working in high precarious places, risk of electrical shock and moving mechanical parts, moderate noise levels and working at heights, ability to wear personnel protective equipment, including hard hat, steel toed footwear, eye and hearing protection when performing work functions
- Communicating verbally, in writing and over devices such as phones and mobile phones
- Ability to operate mechanical and electrical equipment and light-weight highway vehicles and standard office equipment and to work the requisite hours to fulfill position objectives, including evenings and/or weekends, as needed
Interested and qualified candidates must apply online at www.portofcc.com on or before February 20, 2022, 11:59 PM CST.
If you are selected for a position with PCCA, your employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a physical examination, drug test and alcohol screening, as well as a verification of information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, PCCA is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status.
Our employees enjoy a fabulous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary paid bi-weekly
- Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS)
- 457 deferred compensation plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Low-cost, high quality benefit package including health, dental & vision plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Passes to local venues, such as the Texas State Aquarium and the USS Lexington Museum
- Paid leave (vacation/sick/bereavement)
- Eleven paid holidays
- Volunteer Time Off, Wellness Program & Health Club benefit
- Salary commensurate with experience
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Port of Corpus Christi here.