As a Project Engineer for Kiewit, your main functions will include contract administration, project planning, scheduling, quantity management, cost controls, project reporting, leading a team of field engineers, and you will play an advisory role to Project Management for contractual, legal, and other project issues.
Kiewit's South-Central District is one of Kiewit's leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil and transportation markets. Projects you could work on include mass grading, drainage, paving, underground utilities and more. Although most of our work is regionally based in the south-central region of the United States, we also pursue various projects stretching across the United States. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to engineering design.
New Orleans, LA – we will offer relocation assistance to candidates outside of that area as well.
- Led processes and reviews of interpretations of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision.
- Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages.
- Supervise field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data.
- Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets.
- Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s).
- Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite.
- Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Supervise engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use.
- Preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested.
- Perform schedule maintenance and updates.
- Maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums.
- Reporting data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management.
- Generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager.
- Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, business administration, finance, and/or related field.
- 5 – 10 years of construction field and office experience.
- Experience working on large heavy civil construction projects – highway, transportation, infrastructure, and others related.
- Work experience in engineering and leading engineers.
- Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative.
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.