Garver is accepting applications for a Project Engineer (Hydraulics & Hydrology) - Transportation (North Little Rock, AR; Wichita, KS; Kansas City, MO; Ridgeland, MS; Norman, OK; Frisco, TX)
Garver seeks a Project Engineer to join our growing Transportation Team with the ability to collaborate with both municipal and highway clients to prepare hydrologic and hydraulic reports, studies and designs.
This Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of streams, rivers, drainage systems and other storm water conveyance features
- Preparing reports, studies and designs related to hydrologic and hydraulic analysis
- Working with senior hydraulic managers to learn and enhance modeling skillsWorking with a multi-disciplined team to execute project deliverables for clients
Other responsibilities of this position will include sub consultant coordination, project/task scheduling, civil design, preparing cost estimates, and client interaction.
The successful candidate will also have the ability to collaborate and be mentored by our experienced H&H professionals as well as interact with Garver’s Transportation staff from across the company.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Course work emphasis in hydrology, hydraulics and water resources related to storm water
- Minimum of 5-20 years of relevant experience
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) or will have the ability to obtain registration as a PE within three months of hire
- Experience with hydrology and hydraulics analysis software, specifically HEC-HMS and HEC‑RAS
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on hydrology and hydraulics projects
- Experience with CAD design software such as MicroStation
- Experience with ESRI Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and extensions such as 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, HEC-GeoRAS, and HEC-GeoHMS
- Master’s degree with emphasis in water resources engineering
- Experience with two-dimensional hydraulic modeling software
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.