Garver is accepting applications for a Project Engineer (Municipal) - Transportation (Wichita, KS)
Garver is seeking a Project Engineer to join our growing Transportation Team in Wichita, Kansas to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients.
Responsibilities in this position will include:
- Assisting in the design and creation of construction documents on a wide variety of municipal and transportation projects.
- Design experience is preferred on municipal civil engineering projects, arterial streets, residential streets, hydrology and drainage system design, water and wastewater distribution systems.
- Assignments will also involve tasks associated with producing a set of construction documents including drafting, quantity computations, specifications, and cost estimates.
In an effort to train our employees to see the “big picture” of our business, Garver provides engineers the opportunity to be involved in marketing aspects of project procurement. Garver begins the mentoring process to facilitate employees becoming a successful professional the moment they walk in the door.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT)/Engineer Intern (EI) or scheduled for FE Exam if a spring 2020 graduate
- Professional Engineer (PE) for applicants with six or more years of experience
- 0-10 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on municipal projects
- Experience with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS; HEC-HMS software.
- Familiarity with platting and land development, and the desire to work with municipalities, counties and governmental organizations to assist them with their infrastructure design needs.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.