Marine Solutions is accepting applications for Project Engineer (Nicholasville, KY)
Project Engineers perform a variety of engineering duties involved with field inspections, design, construction, report preparation, review and/or inspection of civil works projects or other closely related work. Work is performed under the direction of a licensed Professional Engineer who makes assignments, provides guidance, and reviews work to ensure that it is completed according to instructions and in accordance with accepted principles and practices of civil engineering. Project Engineers are rotated to different sections, positions, or assignments to gain a broad understanding of civil engineering in the departments. Duties of a more technical nature may be assigned on a temporary basis as needed to meet the workload of a variety of sections.
Duties & essential job functions:
- Under the direction of higher-level engineers may perform the following functions: Inspections, drafting, and design work on a variety of inspections and civil engineering projects. Depending on the assigned department, may design bridges, marine and waterfront facilities, and other structures.
- Prepares portions of engineering plans, reports, or studies for existing or proposed capital improvement projects or operational concerns; performs and reviews calculations or routine work of others.
- Assists with review of development projects for compliance with local, state, and federal ordinances, statutes, regulations, policy, or adopted standards.
- Requests, performs, or directs the testing of materials and interprets the results to ensure compliance with project specifications; prepares written reports and recommends alternatives when necessary.
- Participates in technical review meetings with engineering and planning staff.
Bachelor of Science Degree (BSCE) in Civil or Structural Engineering.
2 to 4 years
- Possess knowledge of current literature, trends, and developments in the field of engineering and the ability to keep current with new developments.
- Possess knowledge of construction practices (concrete, steel, carpentry, welding, etc.).
- Proficient in technical writing.
- Ability to use various structural and asset management software.
- Be a self-starter and able to work as independently as possible.
- Current medical certifications including bloodborne pathogens, first aid, CPR, and emergency oxygen administration if performing fieldwork.
- Possess Marine Solutions core values including integrity, teamwork, dependability, and going above and beyond.
- Engineer in Training (EIT)/Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Master of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- AutoCAD proficiency.
- National Highway Institute (NHI) certifications.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Must be able to physically perform the essential job functions including field inspections. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
Marine Solutions is a specialized construction and engineering firm focused on building and maintaining waterfront, hydraulic, navigation, and bridge structures. Marine Solutions is a certified small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise (WBE/DBE) and are fully insured for general, marine and professional liability. Our headquarters are in Kentucky with offices in Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. We offer our services throughout the United States and our valued clients included federal, state and municipal agencies, architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and industrial entities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.