LJA Engineering is accepting applications for a Project Engineer-Structural-Marine Ports in Katy, TX.
Summary: LJA is an employee-owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 46 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee-owned.
- The structural engineer will be responsible for discovering, bidding and executing projects across the spectrum of marine installations.
- Serve as Engineer of Record by signing and sealing documents
- Provide clients with opinions of probable construction cost, bid phase assistance, responding to RFIs, and technical construction management.
- Responsible for projects from initial concept development through engineering package distribution, as well as during the construction phase. Items include the review and written responses to shop drawing submittals, requests for information, change proposal requests, preparation of record drawings, attendance at meetings, site inspections, preparation of punch lists, etc.
- The structural engineer will be responsible for delegating design and drafting needs accordingly to team members as well as being engineer of record on direct projects by affixing PE stamp and signature.
- Interpret and apply codes and standards for structural design, such as ACI, AISC, ASCE, PIANC, OCIMF, NAVFAC, UFC, Sheet Piling Design, etc.
- Coordinate with or in house disciplines, as needed
- Performed site inspections and condition assessments, and assign repair
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural or Port emphasis is preferred
- Registration as a Licensed PE in State of Texas
- TWIC certified or the ability to get certified within one year
- Eligible to work in the US (sponsorship is not available)
- 5 or more years of experience in multidisciplinary engineering projects in the waterfront industry
- Must have experience in dock design, design of mooring and berthing systems, bulkhead design, design of deep foundations, cast-in-place concrete foundation design, elevated structural foundation design, as well as structural steel design.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, marine construction sequencing, facility site planning, and construction package assembly.
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and writing skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products including Microsoft Project.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about LJA Engineering here.