Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc. is accepting applications for a Project Engineer – Surface Transportation (Aurora, IL)
ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER!! CMT is actively seeking to add a talented, experienced Project Engineer to our Northern Illinois Surface Transportation team to support our transportation clients and have a hand in transforming the communities we serve. If you are ready to take your career to the next level, or if it is time for a new challenge and wish to become a major contributor on transportation-related projects, consider the many benefits of joining Team CMT! Our trajectory of growth in this location is exciting and we want great people interested in making a difference, and to assist with finding long-term solutions for the communities in which we live and work.
This position will provide an opportunity to work on conventional and moderate to complex transportation projects in Illinois and potentially in other locations where CMT has offices. We also provide the opportunity to undertake a leadership role in our northern Illinois operations, including project development and pursuit of surface transportation-related work. This is a position for an exceptional individual ready to begin the next stage of their professional career within CMT.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 4-8 years of engineering experience. Emphasis on roadway/highway geometric design, drainage, transportation planning, traffic engineering/corridor studies is desired, but not required
- Registered Professional Engineer in any state; licensure in Illinois to be obtained within one year
- Previous project leadership experience desired
- Strong knowledge of and experience using Microstation, Geopak, AutoCAD, Civil 3D software packages
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and lead in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple assignments on a variety of projects, work in an environment to learn quickly, take initiative and interact with a variety of people located in northern Illinois and other CMT offices
- Ability to mentor staff
CMT is committed to individual opportunity and the professional development of our employees. This position offers an opportunity to take that next step helping reach your career goals and personal potential. Built on a legacy of signature transportation achievements, CMT helps state and local governments achieve better transportation performance, along with enhanced quality of life and environmental stewardship. No matter the challenge or goal, CMT offers a wide range of capabilities and talents that allow our clients to succeed.
CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CMT does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law. Please note that CMT does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Through innovation and a passionate pursuit of excellence, our team of engineers, planners and other related design professionals are driven to help our clients achieve the highest value possible for the infrastructure they build and manage.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.