GeoStabilization International is accepting applications for a Project Engineer (TN, KY, OH, IN, IL, IA, WI, MN)
Who is GeoStabilization International®?
GeoStabilization International® (GSI) develops and installs innovative solutions that protect people and infrastructure from the dangers of geohazards. We specialize in emergency landslide repairs, rockfall mitigation, and grouting using cutting edge design/build and design/build/warranty contracting. GeoStabilization International is the leading geohazard mitigation and bridge rehabilitation firm operating throughout the United States, Canada, and Australasia. Our expertise, proprietary tools, and worldwide partnerships allow us to repair virtually any slope stability or foundation problem in any geologic setting.
GeoStabilization’s culture is unique. It is fast-paced, family oriented, innovative & decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant challenge and will suit people who are driven to succeed, not afraid to make decisions, courageous and resilient enough to find their own way and believe that “good enough” is not good enough. Everyone working at GSI is a representation of pride, integrity, hard work, skill and overcoming challenges. GSI’s team includes some of the brightest and most dedicated professionals in the geohazard mitigation industry. We are a highly functioning family of gritty, hardworking, real men and women who are not afraid of getting dirty to get the job done.
What You Will Do
As a Project Engineer working for GSI, there is no typical day. You will not be working from behind a desk. You will be in the field getting hands on experience building GSI’s world class geohazard designs! This is hard work. This is gritty work. The Project Engineer is a member of the Engineering Team assisting with the priorities lined out by the Regional Engineer. The Project Engineer will work with engineering staff (Field Engineers, Project Engineers, Regional Engineers), Project Managers, Project Development Engineers, and regional leadership (Operations Manager, Regional Director) to support development, design, planning, and execution of geotechnical and geohazard mitigation construction projects. This position is for GSI’s Ohio Valley Region which covers the states of WV, OH, and KY. When GSI hires you, we believe we are hiring the next leader and everything we do is about setting you up to be personally and professionally successful. Additionally, we offer the best total rewards in the industry. We share our success with a meaningful profit-sharing plan plus Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability as well as a matching 401K.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Work directly with the Regional Engineers and Project Development Engineers to develop economical solutions and designs for difficult and challenging geohazard issues (slope stability, rockfall, ground improvement, difficult-access shoring, or foundations).
- Perform site reconnaissance and slope investigation through steep terrain, with high rope access and rappelling, as necessary.
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses – including slope stability modeling, rockfall simulation, geotechnical and structural analysis of mechanical stabilization, foundation design – and prepare written engineering calculation packages.
- Critically review plans and specifications. Develop project take-offs and construction estimates.
- Provide proposal or bid preparation and coordinate with project management and marketing leadership in proposal or bid preparations.
- Confer with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Perform field engineering requirements, including construction support and quality assurance/observation, quality control testing, as-built documentation, quantity measurements.
- Troubleshoot and rectify operational problems that occur and adjust engineering solutions on current and future projects as warranted.
- Communicate both written and verbally with the Project Manager and/or Regional Engineer regarding design changes and approvals.
- Communicate with other GSI departments regarding initial design, design changes, and process improvements.
- Regularly and frequently interact with clients.
- Represent GSI at industry events and engineering conferences, and present technical presentations.
- Support internal research and development efforts.
What You Need to Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with at least 2 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and AutoCAD. Experience in Rocscience software suite preferred (Geostudio or other limit equilibrium software familiarity likely translatable).
- EIT required, PE preferred.
- Required to work in all weather conditions that can be very physically demanding.
- Required travel up to 75% of the time as needed.
- Must be able to perform administrative duties working from a truck, home office or out in the field.\
GeoStabilization International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about GeoStabilization International here.