Garver is seeking a Transportation- Project Engineer to join our growing Transportation Team in our North Little Rock, Conway or Rogers, AR office to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients.
As part of the Transportation Team, this position will work under a project manager and support the team through the following:
- Assisting in the design and creation of construction documents on a wide variety of transportation projects.
- Establishing the roadway geometric design for both horizontal and vertical alignments including superelevation by 3D modeling of roadway corridors.
- Evaluating the drainage needs of open channels and storm sewer systems thru hydrology and hydraulic calculations
- Designing permanent and temporary traffic control during construction
- Calculating quantities and preparing cost estimates
- Assisting in technical drafting of schematics and plan sets.
In an effort to train our employees to see the “big picture” of our business, Garver provides engineers the opportunity to be involved in marketing aspects of project procurement. Garver begins the mentoring process to facilitate employees becoming a successful professional the moment they walk in the door.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT) or Engineer Intern (EI)
- 0-4 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on transportation projects
- Experience with Microstation and or InRoads, Geopak Select Series 4 (SS4) or Open Roads Designer (ORD)
- Familiarity with AASHTO, ARDOT, and local design criteria and traffic publications
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.