Horner & Shifrin is accepting applications for a Project Engineer - Transportation (Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO)
Horner & Shifrin is seeking a full-time Project Engineer to work in our Transportation business unit. The position requires 5+ years of experience.
- Assigned specific, high-responsibility-level tasks on project teams
- Resolve engineering problems and tasks as they are assigned, with help as needed from more experienced staff
- Develop engineering plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E)
- Perform transportation engineering analyses and calculations
- Work as part of a team to complete general transportation engineering services for municipal, county, and state agencies
- Assist in the preparation of reports and feasibility studies
- Licensed Professional Engineer (preferred)
- Ability to lead, manage and schedule staff to meet project needs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation and GEOPAK SS4 or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must complete a background check
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Our company is devoted to improving the infrastructure of the communities in which we live and work, and our employees are the foundation for clients we serve. Horner & Shifrin is dedicated to the personal and professional development of each and every one of our employees.
As a multidisciplinary professional services firm, Horner & Shifrin is often selected to provide expertise in multiple disciplines on a single project. Employees working in different departments pool their resources, working together to foster innovation and save our clients time and money. With four generations of engineers, technicians, and support staff working side by side, a career at Horner & Shifrin gives anyone starting in the field a chance to learn from those around them.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.