Patrick Engineering is accepting applications for a Project Manager (Chicago, IL)
Patrick is a national engineering and design, construction, management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies; private and public utilities; and FORTUNE 500 companies. Having worked in all 50 states, six different countries and proven ourselves as a trusted partner, clients turn to us for the entire process of project delivery - from planning through construction to operation and maintenance. Patrick accomplishes this with a full suite of engineering disciplines, experienced construction managers, program management and project controls experts, and GIS and asset management technology specialists. We serve clients in the transportation, utility and renewable, industrial infrastructure, and federal and institutional markets. We take pride knowing the projects we work on have a positive effect on the community, society, and the environment.
Project Manager (this position requires time in the field)
Responsible and accountable for implementing major construction and engineering projects. Areas of responsibility include project planning, execution, control and close out for the management of engineering, procurement, construction, testing, and turn over to the customer. Responsible for management and leadership of a diverse group of team members including union and non-union, consultants and contractors, and obtaining and managing adequate resources to meet all project objectives in the most efficient and effective manner. Coach and mentor other Project Managers and support staff.
- Manage moderately complex construction projects inclusive of project integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, human resource management, communications management, risk management and procurement management, complying with legal requirements, construction management and financial accountability.
- Coordinate procurement effort with team members and other departments for engineering services, material and equipment, and installation contracts.
- Coordinate design engineering effort, preparation of specifications and construction documents.
- Collaborate and communicate with the stakeholders on project objectives. Report project schedule, cost and performance status to company personnel, and regulatory agencies as required.
- Coach and mentor other project managers and project support staff on project management skills and activities.
- Implement procedures for effective control of project activities.
- 1+ years Federal, State, and Local Codes and Regulatory Requirements
- 1+ years Interfacing with operations in an industrial plant, manufacturing plant or power plant
- 5+ years Project management of construction / capital equipment projects
- 5+ years Construction contracts and commercial terms, status reporting, procurement practices, industry standards, industrial business, engineering knowledge, construction safety
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.