Project Manager (Hammond, LA)
Louisiana CAT is accepting applications for a Project Manager in Hammond, LA.
We are searching for a Project Manager to join our growing operation. This position has the potential to be based out of Hammond, Reserve, or Prairieville. The primary responsibility of this role will be to facilitate improvement meetings to generate cost saving ideas and to track and document all Continuous Improvement projects.
You will be responsible for facilitating improvement meetings to generate cost saving ideas and to track and document all Continuous Improvement projects.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of improvement ideas and lead projects
- Coordinate and facilitate training of other individuals within the plant to develop and utilize basic improvement strategies such as lean, Kaizen, 5-S, etc., to help accomplish these goals
- Develop and train others in basic analysis skills (i.e., DOE, fishbone analysis, etc.)
- Lead and organize Kaizen events
- Approve and maintain up to date continuous improvement projects databases
- Assist in developing annual budgets and standard costs, including costs for new projects and launches in relation to continuous improvement savings goals
- Support and assist in corporate initiatives to improve the continuous improvement processes
- Maintain appropriate continuous improvement BOS/DOO compilation and financial slide for all cost savings
MOST IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- REQUIRED: Knowledge of basic improvement and auditing techniques, such as Lean, Kaizen, 5-S, TS, etc.
- REQUIRED: High degree of understanding and cooperation with others
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Will required 25% travel
SAFETY IN ALL WE DO
- We require strict compliance with PPE (personal protective equipment) safety regulations
- We maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local safety and company regulations
- All employees must follow all Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) procedures
- Louisiana Cat is an alcohol and drug-free workplace
WHY PEOPLE JOIN LOUISIANA CAT
- We are known for service quality and unsurpassed customer relationships guided by our strong company values, culture and safety standards
- We have energy, focus and passion delivering results because what we do impacts our customers each and every day
- We work across Construction, Electrical Power, Forestry, Governmental, Heavy Equipment, Industrial, Landscaping, Marine Engines and Oil & Gas industries
- We invest in training and development programs for our employees to build their toolkit and career paths here at Louisiana CAT
- We offer competitive pay, benefit rewards, employee incentive programs and 401(k) company match programs to meet family and work lifestyles
- We are based out of Reserve, LA (Corporate HQ) and New Iberia, LA (Power Systems HQ)
WHO WE ARE
Louisiana CAT is the only authorized Caterpillar Dealer for the state of Louisiana. We provide Caterpillar Equipment, Service, Parts and Engines to customers across a wide range of industries. We are guided by our strong company culture, safety standards and activities in the communities in which we operate. We seek out employees who are inspired by our timeless values, thrive in growing company environment and want to become a part of a dynamic company backed by 85+ years of success. We have 23 locations across Louisiana and the Gulf South with Corporate HQ located in Reserve, LA and Power Systems HQ located in New Iberia, LA.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Louisiana CAT here.