Promotes and facilitates commercial and shipping related development projects across the Port District, assists with Port Lease management, manages assigned port related grants, and supports marketing and business activities of the Port.
Title: Project Manager II - Port | Grade: 15 | FLSA: E
Supervisor's Title: Director, Port Authority
Department: Port Authority of the City of St. Louis
Positions Supervised: N/A
Starting Range: $55,000 – $65,000
- 7+ years’ experience managing river port projects
- Advanced degree in design or construction related field, business, real estate, or economic development a plus. Related Bachelor degree required. Combination of some college and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience managing public and municipal finance (municipal bonds, state and federal grants, etc.)
- Strong analytical, graphic, and problem-solving skills with proven experience in Esri ArcView, spreadsheets, and reading construction documents
- Superior communications skills, oral and written
- Demonstrated experience managing projects required (team collaboration, setting deadlines, tracking progress, and developing/executing project reports). Experience managing construction and/or port projects preferred.
Under limited supervision, promotes and facilitates commercial and shipping related development projects across the Port District, assists with Port Lease management, manages assigned port related grants, and supports marketing and business activities of the Port.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages some or all aspects of port infrastructure and real estate projects
- Draft requests for proposals/qualifications, analyze documents submitted, manage selection process, negotiate contracts with consultants, design professionals, construction trades, general contractors
- Prepare project-related financial documents (sources/uses assessments, cost estimates, etc.) and assess those submitted by consultants
- Manage ongoing design and construction projects; coordinate as needed with City Departments (Streets, Board of Public Service, Comptroller, etc.) and third-party stakeholders (Great Rivers Greenway, US Army Corps, Metropolitan Sewer District, etc.)
- Assists Port Director in lease management
- Assess and make recommendations for improvements to site conditions at Port Authority leaseholds
- Prepare end-of-lease report (infrastructure needs, physical description and condition of property and structures (if any), status of contiguous parcels, potential development options)
- Procure services from and review documents submitted by land surveyors and title companies
- Researches, applies for, and manages state and federal grants for infrastructure improvements and other projects in the Port District
- Supports Marketing and Business Development activities of Port Director
- Prepare documentation such as presentations, maps, photographs, drone shots
- Manage, track, map and analyze data related to lease rates, expenses, property ownership, vacancy, and throughput
- Attend conferences as needed (MO Port Authorities Assn, Inland Rivers Ports & Terminals, Inland Marine Expo, St. Louis Freightway, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of Port Commission resolutions
- Update local and regional stakeholders as needed
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires St. Louis City residency within 180 days of successful completion of the probationary period.
- Requires valid driver’s license - site visits/commercial area surveys.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work includes site visits in the field
- Ability to drive – site visits
- Ability to walk and move around site locations which may include uneven, muddy ground and occasional traversing obstacles
- Exposure to elements during site visits
- Requires the ability to lift and carry files/papers of up to twenty pounds.
- Requires the ability to stoop, crouch, balance, bend, and climb during site visits
- Requires the ability to distinguish objects clearly in near vision for writing and computer work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Louis Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran's status or marital status.
Applications are taken online only using the application portal [www.paycomonline.net].