Project Manager (New Orleans, LA)
With support from upper management, this position is responsible for the execution of unique and challenging bridge and/or heavy civil and marine projects.
He or she is responsible for planning, organizing, and management of all resources (people, equipment, and materials) for the successful execution of a contract or portion thereof. The Project Manager leads teams in the construction of projects while ensuring that safety, quality, schedule, cost control, and customer satisfaction objectives are met. He or she is the primary point of contact for owners, owners’ representatives, and/or designers/engineers.
1. Assigned projects are completed on time, under budget and at a profit.
2. Safety, EEO, and quality goals are achieved.
3. Clients are satisfied with project results.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Manages the scope of work and has mastery of the contract documents.
Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up, and project pre-planning.
Reviews project proposal or plans to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
Manages the financial aspects of contracts; assures job margin analysis, cost reporting, and schedule reporting is completed on a regular basis.
Assists Superintendent with problem or conflict resolution; assist in driving subcontractors or work force.
Reviews change order proposals, pay requests, and bid packages for accuracy.
Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and creates and/or modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports for owner or others.
Identifies and resolves potential contractual issues with subcontractors/suppliers.
Ensures adherence to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEO, and tax regulations.
Oversees the implementation of the project quality program (QC and/or QA).
Works with Safety Director and project safety personnel to ensure jobs have safe working conditions and that safe work practices are in place; fosters an incident & injury free project culture.
Establishes and maintains positive relationships with project owner.
Fosters team camaraderie; mentors Superintendents and Project Engineers; assures each person understands their role on the project.
Directs and ensures timely completion of project close-out activities, including documentation of best practices or techniques developed in response to challenges.
Protects and promotes the interests of the Company; ensures all reviews for work performed is received.
Champions skill development of assigned personnel through training and performance appraisals.
Communicates and reinforces the Company vision, values, and goals.
Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
1. Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years of self-perform construction experience required. Degree in Civil Engineer or Construction Management preferred.
2. 5 years of managerial and supervisory experience in the construction industry.
3. Marine construction experience preferred.
4. Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating.
5. Proficient with common computer programs.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Massman Construction Co. is a leading national heavy civil, bridge, and marine contractor providing innovation and adding value in a variety of infrastructure markets. Our primary clients are Departments of Transportation, the United States Army Corps of Engineers, barge & ship dock owners, and Class 1 railroads. In addition to being an award-winning organization, we offer some of the best benefits in the industry. We inspire our employees to work and live a safe, healthy, and fulfilling lifestyle.
At Massman Construction Co. you will earn:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- An excellent benefits package including top tier health insurance, life insurance, health savings account, long term disability insurance, access to dental and vision insurance, and more.
- An outstanding retirement program including a 401(k) plan with a company match and a discretionary profit- sharing contribution.
To learn more and apply for this position: