COWI is accepting applications for a Project Manager (Oakland, CA)
JOIN COWI'S TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 90 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 6,700 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within water conveyance, rail, highways, metros, marine, wind and more.
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel, and marine structure projects, as well as program management and construction management. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept, and design to operation and maintenance. COWI's North American tunnel presence is expanding with several high-profile tunnel projects starting in California.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
In this position, you will join our global team of experts and will act as a Project Manager on active project sites during construction, including construction management and resident engineering services including project team coordination, review of work progress, making engineering decisions in the field, overseeing the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports, coordination of submittal reviews, responding to RFIs, providing technical support to field inspectors, monitoring of construction schedule, preparation of cost estimates and technical analysis, assisting in claim analysis and negotiations, and administration of the construction contracts.
You will have experience in tunnel design and construction management including contract administration, safety observation, and quality assurance inspection to ensure that all work in progress complies with contract documents, specifications, and applicable codes and standards.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Coordinate and inspect the work of the contractor on tunnel construction projects and ensure that work being performed by the contractor adheres to the contract documents.
- Manage assigned projects portfolio and assist in the assignment of resources and key staff to projects
- Develop and implement project management best practices and action plans, in conjunction with the senior management and lead various strategic initiatives as assigned by senior management
- Maintain communication with project client and key stakeholders
- Conduct work under minimal supervision, work independently and perform duties in the construction field office
- Supervise assigned subordinate staff
- Be an Engineering Specialist, and perform other duties as required
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best. To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player with strong interpersonal, organizational and record-keeping skills. You should also have excellent written and oral communication and relationship-building skills.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher in engineering (civil, mining, or similar) with 10 plus years of experience including tunnel design, construction, construction management, and inspection along with a Professional Engineering license, preferably in the State of California.
- Have strong experience with project design and construction oversight, project documentation, and construction management.
- Be a demonstrated and recognized Project Manager and technical leader
- Have experience and reputation with local clients such as various government water, sewer, power, and transportation agencies, local municipalities, and Design-Build contractor partners.
- Have technical skills in current Office 365 systems, scheduling applications, drawing applications (AutoCAD or other), and internet-based project collaboration systems.
- Be self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
PERKS & REWARDS
At COWI we believe in rewarding top talent with a great total compensation package. Besides competitive base, we provide exceptional total rewards offering including:
- Flexible working conditions.
- Top up parental and childbirth recovery leave.
- Fantastic close-knit team with a wealth of knowledge to share.
- 3 weeks starting vacation.
- Floating holiday to celebrate employee diversity
- Annual Fitness spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, yoga or gym membership.
- 401K contribution matching with generous company match.
- Personal and professional development fund.
- Parking or public transit allowance.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 80% employer-paid premiums.
- STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance.
- Frequent social events
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please email our Global Recruitment Specialist, Priyanka at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments. For more information, please visit www.cowi.com/about
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about COWI here.