LJA Engineering is accepting applications for a Project Manager - Transportation (Dallas and Fort Worth, TX)
LJA is an employee-owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 40 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
We currently have a Project Manager opening in the Transportation team.
- Responsible for design calculations, plans preparation, direction of schematic design, and detailed designs for TxDOT and local government projects.
- Manage and maintain project schedules and financial requirements
- Use advanced techniques, theory, and practices in a specialized engineering field and related disciplines.
- Interact with clients and other consultants. Must have good communication skills.
- Exercise judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Assist with activities necessary to win new work.
- Supervise and train engineering staff.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Civil Engineering is required
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or can be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- 7+ years of experience with MicroStation, OpenRoads, and TxDOT procedures a must.
- Experience with OpenRoads Designer is a plus.
- Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or daily as project needs change.
- Proven experience in handling project management responsibilities including multiple deadlines.
- Possess strong communication skills to interact with clients and internal employees.
- Exhibit ability to build strong relationships.
- Multiple levels of responsibility are available.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Sit for extended periods of time working on computer with engineering design software
- Needs to move about inside the office for client meetings, meet with team members and support staff
- Actively participates in meetings to follow-up with team members and clients
- Ability to accurately work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be able to quickly evaluate conflicting design elements
This position reports to a Sr. Project Manager and Regional Transportation Sector Manager.
LJA Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about LJA Engineering here.