Garver is accepting applications for a Project Manager - Transportation Engineer (Austin, Frisco and Georgetown, TX)
Garver seeks a Project Manager to join our growing Transportation Team in Texas to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients.
Provide project management expertise for design projects. Work with assigned staff to oversee all aspects of project services per the client’s contract. Lead the project team to success by completing the projects on schedule, within budget, and ensuring client and staff satisfaction.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Project management
- Sub-consultant coordination
- Project/task scheduling
- Civil Transportation design
- Plan production oversight
- Preparing cost estimates
- Client interaction
- Technical experience should include:
- Geometric design for roadways/interchanges
- Drainage design
- Construction sequencing and traffic control
- Utility Coordination
- Marketing activities may include assisting in the production of proposals and statements of qualification, as well as participation in interviews and other presentations.
- Supervises Project Engineers and/or Engineers in Training as assigned and responsible for overseeing their performance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Licensed in Texas as a Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Eight (8) to fifteen (15) years of relevant experience
- Practical working knowledge of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Green Book, the Roadside Design Guide, the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM), and the Manual Uniform Traffic Control Device (MUTCD) as well as TxDOT Design manuals and processes
- Experience with Microstation, Geopak, OpenRoads or InRoads and/or other roadway design software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on TxDOT (or other DOT) transportation projects
- 3D Design experience with Geopak SS4 or OpenRoads Designer
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas, or will have the ability to obtain reciprocity within three months of hire
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.