LJA Engineering is accepting applications for a Project Manager - Water Resources (Dallas, TX)
LJA is an employee-owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 40 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
We currently have an opening as a Water Resources Hydrology and Hydraulics Project Manager. In this position you will be involved in hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses leading and supporting Land Development, Municipal, and Transportation projects. Specific project tasks will include drainage impact analyses for master planned developments, roadway drainage, stormwater masterplan analyses, Capital Improvement Program alternatives analyses, FEMA Letters of Map Change Requests, flood damage protection design, conveyance analyses, and dam breach analyses. Aspects of the position include technical analysis and design with various client correspondence, team and individual mentoring, budgeting, invoicing, and planning. The selected candidate will work from our Fort Worth, Dallas, or McKinney office.
- Project Manager will coordinate and direct a large, important engineering project or several smaller projects with many complex features.
- Participate with and lead a team of PE’s and EIT’s to produce hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and reports as requested.
- Teaching and mentoring younger staff in technical H&H and teamwork skills.
- Responsible for the daily operations and schedules for H&H engineering analysis to support the Houston Land Division
- Use standard and advanced modeling techniques, theory, and practices in hydrology and hydraulics related disciplines.
- Project Manager will interact with Client and other consultants and must have excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Participate in appropriate engineering organizations to increase company exposure.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering or related degree. Master’s Degree a Plus.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in H&H analysis and design
- Experience with project and task management
- Proficient in commonly used H&H software (ArcGIS, GeoHEC-RAS, HEC-RAS (Unsteady, 2D,), HEC-HMS, InfoWorks ICM, XP-SWMM)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships
LJA Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about LJA Engineering here.