Jacobs Engineering is accepting applications for a Project Manager/Water-Wastewater Digital Engineer (Kansas City, MO)
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As our global supply and need for water grows, solving the world’s most complex water challenges requires different thinking – and that’s where we come in. We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Project Manager/Water Wastewater Digital Engineer to join our growing Water team in the Midwest.
You’ll be part of diverse multi-discipline teams in the delivery of planning, design, and implementation of digital transformation projects within our local water groups and across the globe with a focus on creating intelligent collections systems. Your leadership ability will give you the opportunity to lead project delivery and interface with our clients, while serving as both a mentor and motivator for our junior level staff in digital transformation projects.
Enhance your career opportunities with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed. Jacobs has an integrated group of gifted team members across multiple disciplines that you will join and collaborate with to provide consistent high-quality solutions for our water clients.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create highly innovative project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors' Degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
- Progressive professional experience in utility design/management experience for industrial or municipal water and wastewater clients, or similar work in public/private water or wastewater industry sector
- Experience delivering digital design projects
- Demonstrated understanding or willingness to learn drinking and wastewater technologies, digital solutions and master planning
- Willingness to participate in technology, project administration, and staff/client relationship leadership roles
Ideally You’ll Also Have:
- PE (Professional Engineer Registration)
- Masters' degree in Civil, Environmental, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in: Digital utility management, traditional waterfall and agile delivery processes, conveyance systems, hydraulics and modeling, water wastewater treatment
- Basic knowledge of GIS and SCADA, including computer platforms and cloud technology
- Experience with client facing leadership and relationship building
- Ability to lead staff with direct reports
- Team oriented and eager to build internal and external networks
- Organization skills to complete tasks and projects on schedule and budget
- Passion for innovation within the water and wastewater industry
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.