Proposal Coordinator (Collinsville, IL)
Volkert, Inc. is accepting applications for a Proposal Coordinator in Collinsville, IL. Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for an experienced Proposal Coordinator to support our West Central Region located in Collinsville, IL.
The successful candidate must be a strong graphic designer experienced with In-Design and the Adobe Suite of products with the ability to craft content that successfully markets Volkert to a wide range of clients predominantly in the A/E and transportation industries. Technical writing and editing skills are a plus. Marketing professional services is a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment, with evolving priorities as opportunities arise. This means our Proposal Coordinator needs to be focused and organized, yet flexible; creative, but with excellent time and project management skills; and a team player with the ability to work independently.
You will be responsible for developing and designing proposals and statements of qualifications in response to requests for proposals or qualifications (RFPs/RFQs), as well as PowerPoint presentations, and other written and/or designed marketing materials for engineering services to meet requirements and deadlines of clients, primarily in public sector. In addition, you will help support and create collateral materials for business development activities and relationship marketers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with project managers/technical staff and other marketing staff to organize and manage layout, design and delivery of RFP/RFQ responses and presentations (including graphic design, editing, and development of spreadsheets, PowerPoints, etc.)
- Assist the team with winning new business by supporting the proposal development process
- Designing proposals and other marketing materials utilizing the Adobe Suite of products
- Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading content including proposals, presentations, project descriptions, staff resumes, and marketing collateral
- Comply with Volkert standards to present a consistent appearance for all presentation graphics, proposals, resumes, and collateral materials
- Manage multiple proposal efforts and teams simultaneously for and within diverse markets and service offerings
- Applying creativity/strategic insight while leading brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions
- Ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up-to-date
- Supporting business development personnel in their outreach to potential clients
What you need to have:
- The successful candidate must have a combination of education and relevant experience. Any of the following is acceptable:
- Bashelor's degree in marketing, business, journalism, communication arts, public relations, engineering, English, or related discipline plus one year of experience
- Associate degree in marketing, business, journalism, communication arts, public relations, engineering, English, or related disciple plus three years of experience
- Preferable proposal/design experience within the AEC market
- Preferable experience working on DOT or energy sector professional services advertisements
- Must have previous and extensive Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop experience
- Must have previous and extensive MS Word and PowerPoint
- Other graphics software experience is also desired
- Aptitude for managing multiple, concurrent proposals from pre-advertisement through submission, working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly with a high-level of accuracy, using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Professional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Volkert, Inc. here.