The Mississippi River Commission, Corps of Engineers has announced the public meeting notice for its annual low water inspection tour. The public meetings will be held on board the Motor Vessel Mississippi as follows:
- Cape Girardeau, MO – City Front……….9:00 am – 12:30 pm on August 7th
- Memphis, TN – Beale Street Landing… 9:00 am – 12:30 pm on August 9th
- Vicksburg, MS – City Front…………………9:00 am – 12:30 pm on August 11th
- Houma, LA – Cenac Towing Co. Dock…9:00 am – 12:30 pm on August 18th
All meetings will be open to the public with the following agenda:
- Summary report by President of the Commission on national and regional issues affecting the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Commission programs and projects on the Mississippi River and its tributaries.
- District Commander’s overview for the Commission on current project issues in the respective area.
- Presentations to the Commission by local organizations and members of the public giving views or comments on any issue affecting the programs or projects of the Commission and the Corps of Engineers.
Please contact Ms. Edie Whittington for more information at 601-634-5768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.