Canal Barge is accepting applications for a Quality Assurance Analyst (Channahon, IL).
Primary function is to implement and refine the Product Quality Management program.
- Serve as a liaison between the laboratory, logistics and operations to assist in the implementation of product quality processes.
- Coordinate collection of terminal environmental and customer product samples with lab and operations. Prepare daily activity planning report including NPDES outfalls, rail cars, tank trucks, tanks, dock lines, product lines, and barges.
- Oversee vapor scrubber media quality and coordinate service with the Project Manager to ensure optimal performance of the system.
- Monitor inhibitor levels in terminal customer product and coordinate adjustments with HSEQ Manager, the Lab and Operations. Manage inhibitor inventories.
- Perform routine testing for both environmental and raw materials as needed
- Manage sampling equipment maintenance and replacement.
- Manage sample decanting program and terminal and lab waste drums in cooperation with HSEQ Manage and Operations.
- Implement waste management program, conduct weekly inspections, monitor inventories, and coordinate offsite disposal. Stay well-informed of applicable regulations.
- Oversee pre-discharge/transfer verification process i.e., dock line testing, barge sampling, etc.
- Participate in commissioning/decommissioning of tank system.
- Monitor temperature management program for applicable products.
- Provide training to operators on chemical characteristics and relevance of testing conducted.
- Review and develop standard operating procedures for quality conformance.
- Collect product inventory data for Logistics.
- Conduct quality process audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the HSEQ Manager, Laboratory or Terminal Manager.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial quality management systems.
- Background in Chemistry. Science degree preferred. Laboratory experience preferred, not required.
- Familiar with RCRA hazardous waste large quantity generator regulations.
- Troubleshooting, problem solver
- Must be very organized and be attentive to details and time critical schedules.
- Key skills include basic management skills, quick learner, excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task, flexible and works well independently.
- Flexible, open to a demanding and varying schedule
- Current 40-Hour Hazwoper training preferred.
- Valid driver’s License
- Must possess or be able to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
Position involves extended periods of outdoor physical work in extreme climate conditions – heat and cold. Physical requirements of the job include potentially daily climbing of bulk storage tanks (up to 100 stairs), reaching into rail cars, barges, and other sampling locations. Must be capable of opening manways, placing and removing sampling equipment that may weigh up to 60 pounds, must be able to carry sampling equipment over areas where a vehicle cannot travel. Work environment includes industrial and laboratory chemicals and wastewater samples.
Canal Barge Company and Illinois Marine Towing are a federally regulated company. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Persons occupying this role will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
Canal Barge Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Canal Barge constantly seeks to make marine transportation as efficient as possible while ensuring the safety of your cargo and the environment with state-of-the-art equipment and the most highly skilled employees the industry has to offer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.