Arcosa Lightweight is accepting applications for a Quality Engineer (Caruthersville, MO)
Arcosa Marine Products is searching for a Quality Engineer that will be based in Caruthersville, MO. This position reports to the Director of Quality for the Arcosa Marine.
This position will play a critical role, leading the quality and operational excellence at Arcosa Marine. The role will be responsible for driving continual process and product improvement ensuring product and process integrity, leading to customer satisfaction, overall mission success while supporting division quality, delivery and cost targets.
- This is a hands-on, highly involved contributor role. Effective collaboration with engineering, contracts, operations, and program management is critical to the role.
- Provide leadership to the organization to help drive a proactive approach leading to improvements in design, manufacturing, suppliers, and customers.
- Partner with Manufacturing Operations to solve problems while maintaining manufacturing efficiencies, meeting competitive business deadlines and increasing customer satisfaction levels.
- Strengthen quality systems and ensure Corporate and Divisional processes are implemented and adequately followed.
- Developing and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls.
- Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions
- Drive continuous improvements in all areas, focusing on key performance indicators
- Assist plants with the deployment of corporate quality policies, auditing practices, and ensuring adherence to company's Quality and Regulatory strategies in accordance with the established strategic plan.
- Must be proficient at various methods of problem solving and process improvement (8D, 5-Why, Kaizen, Six Sigma, etc) to champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
- Maintain the evaluation and/or qualification of new supplier and materials.
- Energetic and strong work ethic
- Experience in leading teams and project management
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent field
- Lean and Six Sigma experience
- Very strong communication skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers and plant level teams
- Ability to facilitate collaboration and communication with all operational teams as well as support functions worldwide
- Strong presentation skills - both presentation development (Power Point) and presentation delivery
- ASQ certification preferred;
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments;
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Outlook;
- Excellent observational, analytical, and problem-solving;
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to bring creative solutions;
- Ability to stay disciplined and focused on high-priority tasks;
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills;
- Able to be productive and effective working independently or as part of a team;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Have a passionate, energetic, can-do attitude;
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization