Want to work for a fast growing, highly ethical company with great career opportunities? Consider CGB Enterprises Inc.
Job Description: Rail Facility Laborer
This job is primarily responsible for working at facility that loads and unloads rail cars and trucks. This is a general position that performs a wide variety of duties that are based on the daily needs of the operation.
Job Responsibilities: Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform duties to transfer, load and move grain to appropriate location.
- Perform rail duties e.g., prep, unload, load, placement, etc. of rail cars, where applicable.
- Perform duties associated with the weighing of trucks and grading of grain.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Perform general clean-up including sweeping, shoveling, washing, painting and other general housekeeping responsibilities.
- Perform preventative maintenance and/or repairs, where applicable.
- Perform duties required to maintain grain quality while being stored and/or transferred.
- Dependent on facility and location, may be responsible for any variety of the following; movement of product to storage, loading of trucks using heavy equipment, loading of rail; operating, running, monitoring, and shutting down dryer; operating a variety of heavy equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: No Experience Required. Preferred – 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements
- Ability to follow directions and use logical through process to interpret oral and written instructions, and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Physical Demands & Requirements:
- Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 lbs., frequently, where applicable.
- Ability to climb, bend and twist occasionally.
- Ability to open truck hoppers, where applicable.
- Ability to stand and walk frequently.
- Ability to grasp and reach frequently.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
- Ability to understand and communicate written instructions.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to climb stairs and climb ladders to significant heights.
- Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels.
- Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
- Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality odors, or recognizing particular odors, using nose.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed; may need to be able to identify problems with grain.
Environmental Conditions: The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use PPE. Travel: 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations. This description reflects the assignment of essential functions and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts the organization’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. To learn more or to apply, please visit CGB’s website at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000445432706&c=1149711&d=CGBCareers&rb=INDEED#/