Watco, believes that their Team Members are their greatest asset. Team Members provide service excellence to all Customers and create the safety always culture. Watco values their Team Members by providing safe service, honest and fair relationships, and consistent communication. Watco is currently looking to hire a railcar repairman/welder in the Mill Creek, Oklahoma area.The general purpose of this position is to inspect, maintain and repair all aspects of a railcar in accordance with Company, FRA and/or AAR Regulations. This is accomplished by performing all or any combination of the following duties:
- Using multiple types of metal fabrication and hand tools in all positions without damage to adjoining parts
- The ability to complete welding qualification test for pipe
- Ensure that all company guidelines are met, and that all safety rules are followed when performing duties
- Read and understand instructions, technical manuals and blueprints
- Maintain written and/or computerized maintenance records
- Perform other duties as requested or required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to use tools including but not limited to cutting torch, air arc cutter, grinder, and hand tools in all positions without damage to adjoining parts, and complete 5F welding qualification test for pipe.
- Ensure that all federal requirements and company guidelines are met, and that all safety rules are followed when performing duties and making car repairs.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, written instructions and blue prints.
- Demonstrate basic math & mechanical skills, including reading of a tape measure.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: steel toe boots, eye protection, ear protection, gloves, hot work PPE, fall protection, respirators and a variety of protective suits.
- Keep consistent, legible written and/or computerized records of repairs
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Welder only – ability to pass a D15.1 or M1002 weld tests which includes horizontal, vertical and overhead welds
Education and Experience:
- High school education or general education (GED) or 3 to 6 months job-related experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and elements, noise, and fumes from gas, oil, and grease. May be frequently exposed to heights that require fall protection equipment and required to use personal protective equipment as environmental conditions dictate.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. For more information and how to apply, click here.