Ready Mix Driver (Florida, Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin)
|Department:||350 - Variable Delivery|
Multiple Locations: Wisconsin (East and West); Illinois (South, East, West, Northeast, Northwest, and Chicago); South Florida; and Indiana East
Ozinga's Ready Mix Truck Drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of concrete and other related products to our customers in both rural and urban environments in all weather conditions.
The Driver position is at the Medium Physical Demand level and requires frequent climbing in and out of the truck, frequent ascending and descending of ladders/stairs along with:
- Thorough DOT Pre and Post trip Inspections which include raising and lowering of the hood.
- Carefully reading and understanding the Delivery Ticket to ensure the correct product is delivered to the right location.
- Lifting, carrying and loading extra items for delivery to the customer. These may include heavy bags of calcium chloride, fibers, color dye and bundles of expansion joint.
- Driving to the customer's job site, unloading the concrete and then driving back to the yard several times a day; using both manual and automatic transmissions. Driving time for each load can vary from a few minutes to over an hour.
- Walking, climbing and standing on uneven, muddy or frozen job sites in both daylight and after dark. Lifting, carrying and attaching large metal chute extensions to the truck - often on difficult terrain.
- Communicating effectively with customers and Dispatch while representing the company in a professional manner.
- Keeping the truck in a clean condition, including washing out the drum after loading and unloading the concrete.
- Performing other work as assigned by management including shoveling, sweeping, or cleaning.
A driver is required to possess either a Class A or a Class B CDL with airbrakes endorsement, as well as maintain a current medical certificate.
The Ozinga story is an American story— Established in 1928 in Evergreen Park, Illinois, as a small coal and coke yard, Ozinga survived the Great Depression and World War II before becoming one of the first ready mix providers in the region. For four generations, we have continuously expanded our product and service offerings to faithfully meet the needs of builders throughout Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, and South Florida while holding to our longstanding commitment to provide it all at a fair price.
Today we provide concrete, bulk materials, and energy solutions while offering transportation services through an extensive network of truck, rail, barge, and ship terminals. Perhaps best recognized for our red and white striped concrete mixer trucks, Ozinga is proud to be an American-owned, fourth-generation family business serving the communities where we live, work and play. As our story continues, we will use our principles to build a better future for our coworkers, communities, customers, and country, and make the world better because we were all here working together.
To learn more and apply for this position: