Ozinga is accepting applications for a Ready Mix Driver (Davie, FL; Chicago, IL; Illinois North East, Illinois North West; Indiana East, Indiana West; Wisconsin East, Wisconsin West)
A Ready Mix Truck Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of concrete and other related products to our customers in both rural and urban environments in all weather conditions.
The Driver position is at the Medium Physical Demand level and requires frequent climbing in and out of the truck, frequent ascending and descending of ladders/stairs along with:
- Thorough DOT Pre and Post trip Inspections which include raising and lowering of the hood.
- Carefully reading and understanding the Delivery Ticket to ensure the correct product is delivered to the right location.
- Lifting, carrying and loading extra items for delivery to the customer. These may include heavy bags of calcium chloride, fibers, color dye and bundles of expansion joint.
- Driving to the customer's job site, unloading the concrete and then driving back to the yard several times a day; using both manual and automatic transmissions. Driving time for each load can vary from a few minutes to over an hour.
- Walking, climbing and standing on uneven, muddy or frozen job sites in both daylight and after dark. Lifting, carrying and attaching large metal chute extensions to the truck - often on difficult terrain.
- Communicating effectively with customers and Dispatch while representing the company in a professional manner.
- Keeping the truck in a clean condition, including washing out the drum after loading and unloading the concrete.
- Performing other work as assigned by management including shoveling, sweeping, or cleaning.
A driver is required to possess either a Class A or a Class B CDL with airbrakes endorsement, as well as maintain a current medical certificate.
Ozinga provides concrete, bulk materials, and energy solutions while offering transportation services through an extensive network of truck, rail, barge, and ship terminals.
With select rail access, 10 river terminals, and hundreds of sourcing locations, Ozinga is always nearby.
Convenient doesn’t only mean easy—when it comes to materials, it can translate to operational efficiency, less lag time or time between jobs, and less transloading of materials. All of this keeps your costs down, which gives you the upper hand on your competitors. And since you can handle the entire process with one provider, you eliminate the headache, delays, and coordination that comes from dealing with multiple parties. With a convenient network of terminals and with barge, truck, and rail services, Ozinga is equipped to offer you the best material handling services to keep your assets safe and to get them where you need them, when you need them.
Ozinga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.