Red River Dredge Update & Lock 1 Closure
Dredge Allison Crosby is dredging at Mile 33.7. Next assignment is Mouth of the Black, Mile 33. They will be clearing the channel every 6 hours (7:00 am - 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm - 1:00 am) to allow tows to pass.
Red River Lock 1 Closure
* It will fully close to navigation on Tuesday, 30 August 2022.
* This is the same date Old River Lock will fully close to navigation.
* There will be daylight closures 15 to 30 August to prepare and hopefully reduce the full closure time.
* The lock will temporarily reopen Sept. 29–Oct. 13 to allow traffic to pass. * Users need to be prepared to get tows in and out during this opening.
* The Lock will then close to navigation October 14 – November 12.
* The Lock should open 12 November assuming NO MAJOR DEFICIENCIES ARE FOUND.
Richard Brontoli, Executive Director
Red River Valley Association