Red River Lock 1 & Old River Lock Closure Conference Call 3 May
Red River Lock 1 and Old River Lock major inspection are scheduled to close on Monday, 15 August 2022.
We will have a Navigation Conference Call Tuesday, 3 May, 10:00 am.
Call in #: 862-799-9537
- Participants on the Call
- NWS - Weather Update/Forecast - Red and Ouachita Rivers
- Dredge Update
- ANT Colfax
- Old River Lock & Lock 1 Closures (Industry input)
- Next Conference Call
Old River Lock Major Maintenance
* At this time Old River Lock plans on closing for 90 days.
* There is no opportunity for intermittent openings during this closure.
Red River Lock 1 Major Maintenance
* Lock 1 will be closed on 15 August for 60 days.
* Access to the Mississippi River, through Old River Lock will be closed for 90 days.
* Industry needs to consider stockpiling product.
* There is an alternate route, around Old River Lock, by the Atchafalaya River.
* Vicksburg District is considering opening Lock 1 during the 60 day closure to pass traffic.
* Industry needs to consider the option of Lock 1 closed for 30 days, open for 1-2 weeks and closed for 30 days - BUT would have to use the Atchafalaya River.
NOTE: It is important that industry provide me information that you need Lock 1 to be open midway through the closure.
Richard Brontoli, Executive Director
Red River Valley Association
P.O. Box 709
Shreveport, LA 71162