GeoStabilization International is accepting applications for a Regional Engineer (VA, MD, PA, NJ, or Metro NY)
Who is GeoStabilization International®?
GeoStabilization International® (GSI) develops and installs innovative solutions that protect people and infrastructure from the dangers of geohazards. We specialize in emergency landslide repairs, rockfall mitigation, and grouting using cutting edge design/build and design/build/warranty contracting. GeoStabilization International is the leading geohazard mitigation and bridge rehabilitation firm operating throughout the United States, Canada, and Australasia. Our expertise, proprietary tools, and worldwide partnerships allow us to repair virtually any slope stability or foundation problem in any geologic setting.
GeoStabilization’s culture is unique. It is fast-paced, family oriented, innovative & decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant challenge and will suit people who are driven to succeed, not afraid to make decisions, courageous and resilient enough to find their own way and believe that “good enough” is not good enough. Everyone working at GSI is a representation of pride, integrity, hard work, skill and overcoming challenges. GSI’s team includes some of the brightest and most dedicated professionals in the geohazard mitigation industry. We are a highly functioning family of gritty, hardworking, real men and women who are not afraid of getting dirty to get the job done.
What You Will Do
As a Regional Engineer working for GSI, there is no typical day. You will not be working from behind a desk. You will be in the field getting hands on experience designing GSI’s world class geohazard designs! This is hard work. This is gritty work. The Regional Engineer leads in developing designs, plans, and construction cost estimates of highly complex projects and reviews/directs the work of other engineering staff in simple to moderately complex projects. The Regional Engineer will work with engineering staff (Field Engineers, Project Engineers, other Regional Engineers), Project Managers, Project Development Engineers, and regional leadership (Operations Manager, Regional Director) to support development, design, planning, and execution of geotechnical and geohazard mitigation construction projects. This position is for GSI’s Northeast Region which covers the states of VA, MD, PA, NJ, and NY. When GSI hires you, we believe we are hiring the next leader and everything we do is about setting you up to be personally and professionally successful. Additionally, we offer the best total rewards in the industry. We share our success with a meaningful profit-sharing plan plus Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability as well as a matching 401K.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Working directly with the Engineering staff and Project Development Engineers, lead and develop economical designs and solutions for difficult and challenging geohazard mitigation issues.
- Review, teach, direct, and perform soil and rockfall modeling, geohazard mitigation analysis and design
- Review and prepare project plans and specifications
- Perform plan take offs and prepare estimates of construction cost or simple through complex projects
- Provide design project management and leadership of small to highly complexity projects
- Provide on-site project engineering support as an integrated part of the construction.
- Communicate both written and verbally with all members of GSI team regarding design, design changes, effective processes, and approvals.
- Review documentation and/or document daily as-built conditions, material quantities, and construction progress to support Field Engineers, superintendents, and field technicians.
- Review, teach, and perform testing of nails, anchors, and other installed components as required.
- Represent GSI externally through leadership in professional societies and at conferences through presentations and papers.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need to Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering with at least 8 years of experience.
- MS degree in Engineering with at least 4 years of experience.
- PE. required
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and AutoCAD. Experience in Slide 2 preferred.
- Advanced Math skills required.
- Must have good reasoning ability.
- Previous experience using slope stability software is desired.
Geotechnical Design and Analysis Experience
- Proficient understanding of geohazards – types, triggers, repair methods
- Proficient with boring log interpretation
- Proficient in estimating soil and rock parameters from through interpretation of existing data and through back analysis
- Proficient with Limit Equilibrium analysis theory, including limitations of methods
- Proficient in tieback and soil nail design as outlined in FHWA Circular 4 and 7.
- Proficient with facing calculations
- Proficient with micropile shoring and slope stabilization calculations
- Demonstrate ability to visualize the designs and understand the impacts to the repair process from safety, site staging, site grading, drainage, environmental impacts, permitting, ROW impacts, etc.
- Able to perform quality reviews of designs, specifications, and estimates
- Must be competent with engineering context into which the GSI Designs fit. Must be able to communicate integration with surveying, site grading, drainage, SWPPP, paving, structural layout, etc. and provide input to general site plans, specifications, and construction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work for long periods of time sitting and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 80lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to work in all weather conditions that can be very physically demanding.
- Required travel up to 50% of the time as needed.
- Must be able to perform administrative duties working from a truck, home office or out in the field.
GeoStabilization International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about GeoStabilization International here.