The vision of Regional Rail, LLC is to acquire or create a core group of short-line railroads and or rail related companies, and to manage these companies according to best practices in the industry.
The business model of Regional Rail, LLC is to realize the synergies of combining these smaller entities into a larger enterprise, thereby reducing administrative costs, increasing marketing opportunities, improving negotiating position with suppliers and connecting carriers, and increasing the purchasing power of the combined entities. This will provide improved customer satisfaction, improved profitability, and facilitate long-term growth and continued reinvestment into these companies.
SHORT-LINE AND FREIGHT SERVICE LOCATIONS
- East Penn Railroad (ESPN), operating 110 miles of track in southeastern Pennsylvania and northern Delaware
- Middletown & New Jersey Railroad (MNJ), operating 55 miles of track in Southeastern New York State
- Tyburn Railroad (TYBR) operating a 14-acre rail to truck transload facility, a trucking company providing regional delivery services, and a terminal switching operation in Morrisville, PA (midway between New York and Philadelphia).
- Florida Central Railroad (FCEN), operating 68 miles of track serving the Orlando, Florida region
- Florida Midland Railroad (FMID), operating 28 miles of track serving central Florida
- Florida Northern Railroad (FNOR), operating 104 miles of track on two branch lines covers the region north of Tampa, Florida
- Port Manatee Railroad LLC (PMR), operating 7 miles of track serving Port Manatee, FL
- Carolina Coastal Railway (CLNA), operating 179 miles of track in Eastern North Carolina, including service to the Port of Morehead City, NC