Liebherr is accepting applications for a Regional Sales Manager – Mobile, Crawler & Rough Terrain Cranes (Newport News, VA)
The primary responsibilities of the Regional Sales Manager - Mobile, Crawler and Rough Terrain Cranes, are to maintain customer relationships and increase sales, profitability and market share within the Pacific Northwest territory.
- Responsible for sales and marketing activities in assigned territory
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective market strategies to achieve company sales and profit goals
- Sells company’s products and services by calling on prospective and established customers and governmental agencies
- Responsible for reporting to upper level management with progress reports on a weekly basis
- Responsible for maintaining customer relationships while achieving sales and profit goals
- Responsible for maintaining detailed knowledge of company products and competitor’s products
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients for direct sale of cranes.
- Recommends budget expenditures for sales activities and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports the activities and products of the competition.
- Reports updated information on new projects, their progress and any lost sale activity on a timely basis.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a strategic sales plan to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs and participates in sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Represents company at trade association meetings and customer events to promote products
- Analyze customer needs for equipment and options and determining if they are compatible with product line.
- Direct customer contact via phone, fax, email, and on-site visits.
- Bachelor's degree, and at least 5 years of prior technical sales experience, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 80% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Demonstrated sales and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of crane lifting or truck crane products.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
In line with its international growth, Liebherr’s venture into the United States began in 1970. Within a couple of years, the company expanded and completed its production facilities in Newport News, VA for its product line of hydraulic excavators. It was later converted into Liebherr’s manufacturing facility for mining trucks and remains home to Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News, Co. In addition to its production facility, Liebherr markets a wide variety of products and technologies through its companies located across the United States. The companies are Liebherr-Aerospace Saline, Inc., Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc., Liebherr Automation Systems, Co., and Liebherr USA, Co., the umbrella company for eight divisions that are positioned across the United States.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.