Employee will be responsible for the comprehensive sales/marketing and product support programs for heavy equipment.
- Be responsible for and involved in all equipment sales, leases, and rentals in the territory. Customer support will be coordinated with the Customer Support Manager.
- Seek and coordinate all field intelligence and disseminate data to all parties directed, inclusive of staff, management and manufacturer(s).
- Cultivate strong manufacturer relationships.
- Evaluate and seek complementary products.
- Overview the delivery of new machines and monitor performance, warranty repairs and procedures.
- Follow up on customer warranty problems and work out solutions in conjunction with Customer Support Manager.
- Exemplify Heavy Machines LLC’s corporate policies and philosophies to customers and to all factory personnel.
- Communicate regularly with management, summarizing activity with customers and manufacturers, including name of company and persons contacted, purpose, results, and general statement about level of business activity and customer attitudes.
- Maintain sales contact data base for use in mailings and other sales work.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Employee will be directly accountable to the regional customer support manager for proper
interpretation and fulfillment of responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and outside environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong sales skills
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Advanced oral/written communication, presentation, negotiation and sales strategy skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with the corporate sales team and to draw upon those corporate resources in an appropriate manner
- Ability to deal with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- The highest ethical standards including honesty, integrity and dedication
- Ability to diplomatically manage difficult customer and/or employee situations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good computer skills, excellent knowledge of Windows Office Products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in heavy equipment sales and rentals
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Industry and/or heavy equipment retail sales experience
- Solid understanding of local market conditions
- Excellent customer service skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.