Are you a skilled and experienced Marine Repair Technician ready to work on barge maintenance projects and contribute to the reliability of our maritime fleet? Join our dedicated team and be a vital part of keeping our vessels shipshape and water worthy. We look forward to welcoming a dedicated Marine Repair Technician to our crew! Apply today and be a part of our maritime success story.
When you join ACBL…
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) is one of the largest and most diversified marine transportation companies in the U.S. Our legacy of providing the nation with the most economical, safest, and greenest mode of transportation dates all the way back to 1915, when we began moving coal on the Kentucky River. We offer a wide range of career paths in both operations and support services. Whether you are interested in working on the river or in an office, we are always searching for the best of the best to join our ACBL team.
What you will be doing... Your IMPACT
- Responsible for the understanding and implementation of proper temporary and permanent repair techniques to barges, including welding, fiberglass repair, steel fitting, and barge rigging.
- Perform routine maintenance, inspections, and repairs on barges, ensuring they meet safety and operational standards.
- Operate a variety of tools and equipment, including welding machines, power tools, and cutting equipment (i.e. shingling wing tanks, welding deck fittings, tape or tarp covers).
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues on marine equipment.
- Maintain detailed records of repairs, inspections, and parts used.
- Safe operation of equipment (owned, leased, or rented) such as forklifts, Bobcats, dozers, back/track hoes, crane.
- Adhere to safety protocols and procedures, ensuring a safe working environment for yourself and the team.
What we are looking for...
You will need to have:
- 2 + years' experience in barge repair or shipyard.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid TWIC card.
- Must be able to work weekends and hours needed to ensure barges meet ACBL’s customer needs to include travel.
- Knowledge of marine systems, machinery, and equipment.
- Proficiency in welding and fabrication techniques.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Commitment to safety and environmental standards.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of barging river systems preferred.
- Knowledge of USCG, OSHA, MSDS regulations preferred.
Reasons you will love working at ACBL …
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work on diverse marine repair projects.
- Collaborative and safety-focused work environment
- Commitment to environmental stewardship
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.