J.F. Brennan is accepting applications for a Repairs Assistant in La Crosse, WI.
The Repairs Assistant works to repair barges/tow boats. Lays out, fits, and fabricates repairs on barges and tow boats. Will have deckhand and line training and be able to perform these duties.
Repairs Assistant Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the following of all company policy such as the Periodic Safety Meeting Policy & Issues, schedules, and any other issues
- Know and understand all applicable O.S.H.A. and State regulations and guidelines that pertain to your work, work area, and work environment.
- Be familiar with every type of welding equipment that Brennan Marine has and be able to use that equipment if necessary. This includes routine maintenance of the welder.
- Complete understanding of the sum of oxy-chemocline gas cutting torches; this would include operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Welders shall be able to distinguish between types of material.
- Communicate with supervisor to ensure that all repairs and time gets billed.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools.
- Use electrical currents to create heat and bond metals.
- Weld materials such as steel, stainless
- Determine welding position.
- Select and set up welding equipment.
- Ensure welds meet standards and specifications.
- Ability to work in the heat and cold and confined spaces.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Repairs Assistant Qualifications:
- Experience in ARC/Stick Welding preferred
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Technical degree in welding preferred
- AWS B2.1 6G pipe certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, on computers and other electronic devices
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, highly organized, and creative
- Superior time management and organizational capabilities, including the ability to accurately benchmark project length, deliver on deadlines
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the sixth year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction.
Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
Our focus on safetyand quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan here.