RFI: Jadwin Crane
Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Original)
Original Published Date: Feb 02, 2023 02:39 pm CST
Original Response Date: Feb 09, 2023 10:00 am CST
Introduction: This is a SOURCES SOUGHT announcement; a market survey for information only, to be used for planning purposes. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS AND NO CONTRACT WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Memphis District, requests information concerning its requirement for JADWIN Crane. The Government will consider these responses before issuing a formal solicitation. Responses to this sources sought announcement will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this announcement, if the Government still plans to proceed with the acquisition, and after approval of the associated acquisition strategy, a solicitation announcement will be published in the System of Award Management. NO SOLICITATION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. All interested offerors will have the opportunity to respond to solicitation announcements at a later time. This notice is to assist the Memphis District, Army Corps of Engineers in determining potential sources and to gauge industry capability.
This sources sought announcement is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for the information solicited. Point of Contact: Comments are to be sent via email to kendell.m.riley@.usace.army.mil no later than 10:00 a.m. central standard time February 7, 2023. NO APPOINTMENTS OR TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Project Description: This is a market survey for providing JADWIN Crane for USACE, Memphis, TN 381093. Specifications included below.
Description of Project
The Dredge JADWIN will undergo a maintenance period at the Ensley Engineering Yard in Memphis, TN. During this maintenance period there will be a need to lower and raise the JADWIN’s ladder to gain access to different areas of the boat. A crane will be required to reach onto the dry dock located at the Ensley Engineer Yard (EEY) and lower the ladder onto blocks. Once repairs have been made, the crane will be required to raise the ladder back into position.
The Contractor shall determine a logical sequence of actions to accomplish these tasks while minimizing costs.
The Contractor shall provide a narrative of how each lift and move will be accomplished complete with lift plan, rigging plans and documents required by the USACE Safety Manual.
Contractor is encouraged to visit Ensley Engineer Yard in Memphis, TN for a kick-off meeting after the award date and prior to start date to review the operations to move the structure.
- The Contractor shall verify the weight of the JADWIN ladder of 165,830 lbs.
- The Contractor shall provide heavy lifting services including a crane capable of safely lifting the ladder. The crane will need to be able to access the dry dock at EEY in order to make the lift.
- The first lift will be lowering the ladder onto blocks below the sponsons that will be provided by EEY.
- The second lift will be to raise the ladder into the correct position and secured so that line boring can take place. Once in place, EEY will again place blocks to secure the ladder.
- The last lift will be once the pins have been installed by USACE. The Contractor will raise the ladder into its original position.
- The Contractor will be responsible for any necessary mobilizing and de-mobilizing.
The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) Code applicable to this sources sought is 333914 Measuring, Dispensing and Other Pumping Equipment Manufacturing. Interested parties responding to this sources sought should include the following information:
1. Company name, address, UEI, CAGE code, point of contact, telephone number and email address.
2. Information describing the company’s capability to perform and past performance. Provide specific information on relevant work the same or similar in size and complexity. Include contract number, contract description, dollar value and a customer point of contact, telephone number and email address. Identify whether your firm was a prime vendor or subcontractor.
3. Provide the company’s business size (small or other than small) and all applicable socioeconomic category information (Small, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, and WOSB)
Any questions related to this notice shall be submitted in writing to the point of contact listed below.
Your responses shall be provided via email to the POC listed below and are due no later than
10:00 AM CST, Tuesday, 9 February 2023 to: Kendell Riley at email@example.com and Kirk Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with FAR 52.204-7, all vendors shall be registered in System for Award Management (SAM) prior to award, during performance and through final payment of any contract. Vendors not registered in System for Award Management (SAM) database prior to award will not be eligible for award. Vendors may register for SAM online at www.sam.gov.
Primary Point of Contact
Kendell M. Riley
Phone Number: 9015440891