OmniTRAX is one of North America’s largest private railroad and transportation management companies and is an affiliate of The Broe Group, a privately owned, multi-billion-dollar real estate, transportation, energy, and investment organization. Reporting to the Vice President, Risk Management the Risk Analyst will support OmniTRAX’s transportation business and its commercial real estate affiliate, Broe Real Estate Group.
The Sr. Risk Analyst works with stakeholders across multiple lines of business supporting a broad range of risk management, commercial insurance, and claims management activities. Performing many essential functions of the department, this role serves as an important resource to risk owners throughout the company and promotes the continuous improvement of the organizations’ risk management practices.
The Risk Analyst demonstrates and adheres to the company values of safety, honesty, ownership, respect, and teamwork to ensure a successful partnership with customers and employees that result in OmniTRAX’s continued success.
Insurance Procurement and Administration: Support all aspects of commercial insurance programs including procurement and administration.
• Compile underwriting information for insurance placements, collaborating with other functional areas to gather data and complete applications
• Maintain current and accurate files for all insurance binders and policy documents in RMIS; coordinate with insurance brokers to track receipt of policies, binders, endorsements, and review for accuracy
• Manage certificate of insurance program including reviewing, filing, tracking, and processing requests for issuance
• Maintain auto schedules used for insurance coverage; coordinate with business units to ensure vehicle schedules are routinely updated and process requests for adding and removing vehicles
• Generate insurance premium allocations and work with Accounting department on billing inquiries
• As assigned, work directly with insurance brokers to place surety bonds on behalf of real estate and transportation businesses
• As assigned, independently place project-specific and other insurance policies for supported lines of business
Claims Management: As assigned, report and manage property and casualty claims effectively and efficiently to control
claim costs and ensure appropriate and timely resolution. This may include, but is not limited to, workers’ compensation, FELA, general liability, auto liability, and property damage claims.
• Report claims to insurance carriers and capture claim acknowledgments, monitor timelines and reporting procedures for compliance
• Coordinate with adjusters, third-party administrators, and various internal stakeholders to ensure incident investigations are completed and all reimbursable costs are accurately tracked and submitted, and payment is received
• As assigned, manage workers compensation railroad workplace injury cases (FELA) and return to work process; coordinate with injured employees, nurse case manager, property management, Human Resources, and other stakeholders as needed to successfully return injured workers to full duty
• Participate in, and when directed, lead monthly Return to Work meetings for the internal review of open cases
• Responsible for CMS account administration reporting
• Manage minor, non-litigated liability claims within self-insured retentions or deductibles; draft and process settlement agreements
• Identify and process recovery claims in collaboration with the Legal department
• Ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive recording of claim information and financial data in Risk Management Information System (RMIS); conduct audits and reconciliations of RMIS claim data with carrier loss runs and produce RMIS reports for periodic review and analysis
• Process carrier and third-party administrator claim billings, allocating costs to the correct entities
• As assigned, review, edit, and approve insurance requirements in customer, vendor, and contractor agreements; manage variance requests, escalating for approval as needed; daily review of agreements in contract management systems
• Manage review of certificates of insurance for compliance with contract insurance requirements
• Develop and update sample certificates of insurance and insurance guidance to stakeholders
• Coordinate loss control visits to real estate and transportation properties; work with property managers to evaluate and implement loss control recommendations, and issue written responses to carriers
• Support department efforts to improve and expand upon existing risk control activities, programs, and guidance
• Support the department in risk identification and analysis; participate in the discussions about risk transfer, mitigation, and avoidance or acceptance
• Contribute to the development, implementation, and communication of all risk management policies and procedures
• Create and deliver training to other functional areas on a variety of topics including return to work programs, claims handling, loss control, workplace violence, and surety bonds
• Assist with defining Risk Management goals and objectives and provide advice and guidance to all stakeholders on risk management and insurance matters
• Provide administrative support for the Risk Management department and serve as a valuable resource and key point of contact to other departments and external stakeholders (insurance brokers, claims adjusters, etc.) providing information required for day-to-day activities of the department
• Prepare allocations, process, and track all invoices for the department, set up new vendors for payment, and coordinate with Accounting departments on all payment related matters
• Serve as an administrator to the Risk Management Information System (RMIS), managing user access and training
• Maintain accurate and up to date files for the department in accordance with the document retention policy
• Collect and sort department mail
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-5 years’ relevant experience in risk management or commercial insurance.
• Knowledge of risk management principles and techniques, major commercial insurance lines, and claims management practices
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills; ability to organize and analyze data effectively with a strong desire to learn new technical concepts and skills
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external business partners
• Ability to work in a team and independently, taking accountability for deliverables
• Highly motivated with flexibility to adapt to changing workloads and priorities
• Proficient computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, RMIS, and other technical tools
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Claims management experience highly preferred.
• Previous experience in Transportation and/or Real Estate industries
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
• Associate in Risk Management (ARM)
• Work in a climate-controlled office and routinely use standard office equipment
• Up to 10% in the U.S. and Canada, as business requires
OmniTRAX requires all new hires to successfully complete a post-offer drug screen and criminal