Alter Logistics is accepting applications for a River Terminal Operator in St. Paul, MN. Alter Logistics is a leader in providing intermodal logistics solutions. We are in growth mode and looking for talent ready to take on new challenges and growth opportunities in the fast paced transportation and logistics business. The operator’s primary responsibility is to safely and efficiently load and unload barges, rail cars and trucks. This is a general position that performs a wide variety of duties that are based on the daily needs of the operation. It is expected that the Operator will have the ability to understand and follow operating procedures and policies.
- Daily operation of skid loaders, material handlers, front end loaders, yard tractors, and other location specific equipment etc.
- This position is expected to assist all areas of the unloading, loading and transferring of fertilizer and other bulk products which may include but not be limited to barge, truck and rail operations.
- Ensure the safe operation of the terminal; Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, FRA, DOT, company safety, and environmental regulations including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform daily walk around inspections of all equipment to identify any potential risks and ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained always.
- Perform/assist in general labor, carpentry, and preventive maintenance tasks as needed
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment either in a river terminal, intermodal or construction setting would be a plus but is not mandatory
- Self-starter, with a strong work ethic and proven track record of delivering on commitments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving, math and organizational skills
- Strong Customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
- Basic Computer skills required
- Good attendance required
- High School GED/diploma or demonstrated experience in vocational agriculture or a combination of education and work experience
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Alter Logistics here.