Roadway Designer (St. Louis, MO; Lisle, Peoria and Indianapolis, IN; Austin and Corpus Christi, TX; Louisville, KY)
Hanson Professional Services is accepting applications for a Roadway Designer (St. Louis, MO; Lisle, Peoria and Indianapolis, IN; Austin and Corpus Christi, TX; Louisville, KY)
Roadway Designer (Civil Engineering Graduate) R914
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time entry-level Roadway Designer position in our Indianapolis, IN; Peoria, IL; Louisville, KY; St. Louis, MO; Corpus Christi, TX; Austin, TX or Lisle, IL (Chicago Regional) office.
Expect to perform a key role on roadway and intersection design projects. Position requires the ability to work on a variety of transportation related projects, take direction from multiple supervisors, and coordinate with other staff. It is important that this position can support project teams from initial planning through design to construction. Projects will generally involve roadway and highway design projects for local governments, state departments of transportation, and private clients. This is an entry level position geared toward professional development, personal growth, increasing responsibility, and professional licensure.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Perform engineering calculations, utilize computer software for analysis and design, and work efficiently with other team members for project completion. Learn and perform roadway geometric design, roadside safety design, and maintenance of traffic design. Additional opportunities to assist with roadway drainage design, traffic analyses, sign and pavement marking design, and/or construction observation. Assist in project activities such as site investigations and field reconnaissance, permit application and processing assistance, utility locations, pavement designs, storm water management design, 3D computer modelling, construction document preparation, and construction cost estimates. Collaborate with licensed senior technical staff. Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field is required.
- Additional course work in transportation is desirable.
- Successfully passed FE exam or scheduled to take before graduation.
- 0 to 4 years of roadway project experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- CAD experience and/or willingness to learn MicroStation/OpenRoads Designer Connect Edition and/or AutoCAD/Civil3D.
- Working knowledge of AASHTO “Green Book” and state specific roadway design manuals is desirable.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling or willingness to learn 3D modeling for roadway projects.
- Interest in experiencing a variety of assignments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to develop and present concepts.
- Must be able to build effective relationships with team members and clients.
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Working at Hanson:
- Ability to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices.
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments and to work overtime to meet project demands.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Our focus on people means we offer a generous benefits program to help you create a solid foundation for health and security throughout your career, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance bonuses
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Comprehensive health & well-being plans
- Financial wellness plans
- Work-life balance programs
Want to know more? Visit our benefits page for all the details.
We understand that selecting a job is about more than the day-to-day tasks. It’s important to feel like you belong and safe to grow and progress along your career path. You’ll find that at Hanson. We have an inclusive, diverse workforce awaiting to connect with you and numerous opportunities to cultivate your career, including:
- Monthly educational webinars
- Leadership training
- Lunch & learn development sessions
- 24/7 access to thousands of skill-building courses
- Mentorship opportunities
- Award-winning internship program
- Employee recognition
- And so much more!
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERAN
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies/staffing firms. Resumes are only accepted from recruiters and agency/staffing firms if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position.
To learn more and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Hanson Professional Services here.