Roadway Engineer (Bentonville, AR)
Volkert, Inc. is accepting applications for a Roadway Engineer in Bentonville, AR.
Are we the road to your future?
Volkert is employee owned and a Top 100 design firm, committed to delivering the future of infrastructure in three key areas of service: Design + Engineering, Planning + Environmental, and Program + Construction Management.
We are currently searching for an experienced Roadway Engineer to support our West Gulf Region located in Arkansas.
What you’ll be doing:
- Familiarity with calculating plans quantities and engineering estimates, developing construction specifications, and coordinating with subconsultants
- Leading or assisting in the development of project designs and directing EIs and designers to successfully execute and deliver project work, while implementing client focused strategies
- Applying established and well-defined engineering techniques, procedures, policies or standards
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and designs for projects
- Aspires to work in a team environment and is willing to participate in business development efforts and meetings with clients. Work as part of a team to deliver a range of transportation and civil design projects
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings
- Work on detailed engineering assignments including calculations and relatively standard work activities
- Adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results
- Identify and analyze problems using reasoning to arrive at conclusions
- Applies standard practices and techniques to accomplish work assignments
- Understands and adheres to assigned phase and task schedules and budgets to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of project
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual
What you need to have:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 4+ years relevant experience in roadway design
- Must have proven skills in meeting DOT expectations, schedules and budgets
- ARDOT experience is preferred but not required
- PE is preferred, FE is required
- Experienced in DOT design methods, plan preparation, standards, and specifications
- Proficient with MicroStation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Characteristics of a successful Volkert team member:
- Be a brand ambassador for the company who engages in diversity and inclusion,
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively- verbal and written
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexibility and a positive work/life balance
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Employee referral program
- Professional development
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan + employer matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Employer-Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Employer-Paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- Wellness incentives
- Additional voluntary benefits
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Volker, Inc. here.